Ducati.org forum banner

Insurance for the Aussies out there

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  pat1098 
#1 ·
Just got my renewal from QBE for over $1250 p/a.
Shopped around and found better for around $1007 with $1000 cover for ridding gear.
Sent the quote off to QBE in a email and said that not only do they need to match the price but better it. QBE has a price match policy.
They got back to me with a $1000 policy that now covers $4000 ridding gear.
$1000 is not great but better than $1250+
It pays to shop around.

#4 ·
Shannon's for me 1.9k Fully Comp for my Desmo.

I had to start again with no no claims as ex UK which was a pain but they took detailed rider and bike history off me and reduced the quote down significantly from 2.7k when I provided all my info.

QBE wouldn't touch me

#8 ·
I have multi bike policy with Shannons and I also have house and contents and in the past highly modified vehicles with them.

I have found on the odd occasion they have been dearer, but a phone call usually fixes that. Plus I don't mind paying a little extra as I know what I get. IMR is usually cheap, I have insured with them in the past, I hate their PDS but being in the automotive industry I know how to get my way if something were to happen.

#9 ·
Another +1 for Shannons.

Not sure how often u ride. My baby's a weekender, not a daily commuter & Shannons has a limited use policy (if u only ride it say once a wk) or even an extreme limited use(twice a mth or sumthing to that degree). These policy's have a significantly reduced premium.

I also chose Shannons as a mate went thru a claim with them, had no hassles, was easy to deal with.

#11 · (Edited)
I got a reasonable deal from Shannons for my 1098. About $970/year when it was new in late '07, with unlimited mileage. It is still around $900 though, over six years later.

Not sure if I got a better-than-average deal - it sounds like I might have - but I was mid-fifties when I bought it.

Obviously age and your driving and insurance records affect what they can offer. But I found Shannons OK to negotiate with.

I haven't made a claim in that time, but I know from years in the trade (in the past) that they are one of the better companies to deal with.

But of course they are still an insurance company..

:(

PS. QBE quoted me over $2,000 when I checked with them, and we've had our house with them for over 20 years!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.