Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get the cheapest insurance for 1098 in NJ ????????

·
Registered
17 Posts
I live in Michigan and got a quote for approx. $1300/year with 500 deductible on comp/collision. It's different everywhere and for everyone.

(edit: I'm 25 and that was through an allstate agent as well)

·
Registered
134 Posts
stenzelm said:
I live in Michigan and got a quote for approx. $1300/year with 500 deductible on comp/collision. It's different everywhere and for everyone.
I got 1600.00 through allstate in Dallas. Perfect driving record..32 years old.
just depends......that said $850.00 of it was for the collision, so if you were to get comp and liability only (comp covers theft, fire, and any accident that is caused by something out of your control. i.e. if you hit an animal or something) you should save about half of what you get quoted, but your really only protecting your self from theft and fire. if your a very confindent rider and feel like taking the chance.... I say cover 100% all the way...

·
Registered
161 Posts
I got an overall shitty record... because of my car driving... but I was told I only need to add $500 on my Insurance for the 1000RR which would make it to $2900 for both. have Allstate now, I was used to have Progressive they charged me one year for a 600RR and a 1000RR in total $10,300. But because of my record they were the only ones who would accept me... so I ended up in having only 4month Insurance

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just received a quote from progressive...$3,800. I have been on the street for 10 years with no incidents (as far as anyone knows) and I'm 29. Are they stoned? I told the guy I didn't ask for his wife, just the insurance will do...damn. There is no way I am paying that much. I have calls into allstate and sentry. We'll see if they come down to a reasonable rate...

·
Registered
134 Posts
T-revs said:
I just received a quote from progressive...$3,800. I have been on the street for 10 years with no incidents (as far as anyone knows) and I'm 29. Are they stoned? I told the guy I didn't ask for his wife, just the insurance will do...damn. There is no way I am paying that much. I have calls into allstate and sentry. We'll see if they come down to a reasonable rate...
you may want to look at Foremost, State Farm, and Gieco...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Paid $482 for my cbr 600rr 05. Got a quote from gieco same company I use for the cbr and they said it would be. $370. I asked if they had the right bike (1098) and they said yes. Ducati owners don't do stunts and put less miles on thier bikes. Full coverage year round and I'm 42 with no claims or points. Upstate N.Y.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I called my Allstate agent, (he has my house and car) and asked him about the bike. He gave me the phone number for progressive and said that in CT they have the cheapest rates. I pay $495 year for a 2005 Monster 620 and $525 year for a 2005 Brutale. I haven't asked for a quote yet on the 1098.

·
Registered
64 Posts
check out Geico

I checked out insurance in CO and NE trying to decide where to keep the bike / register it. CO through Progressive was around $4200 in CO and $3800 in NE.

I decided to call Geico, they quoted me based off a 999 as the didn't have the Ten98 in the system. $880.

That's the best I've found so far. We'll see what it is when I actually get my bike here in a few weeks and they get it in the system.

Word

·
Registered
49 Posts
I decided to call Geico, they quoted me based off a 999 as the didn't have the Ten98 in the system. $880.

That's the best I've found so far. We'll see what it is when I actually get my bike here in a few weeks and they get it in the system.

Word[/QUOTE]

hey word,

what is your age/driving record if i may ask. that clearly seems like a pretty reasonable rate.

thanks,

rob

·
Registered
337 Posts
Ya see, age does have its advantages!
$780 for 12 months for $100k/$300k coverage with $500 deductible in Southern California no less.
I've had my M1 license for 30 years! Check out Geico.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I tried Geico based on the 999 through the internet, they gave me 1,100 with everything using 500 deductible. I'll take that over $4000 any day!!! I am checking with a couple others but out of 4, this is the cheapest by far. Thanks everyone for the shared info.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Malevolent Monster said:
Cheapest in NJ is Rider Ins. At least for me it was.
That's my premium for 12 months policy from Rider Insurance...Below

In reference to your request for insurance on your 2007 Ducati, the premium for the Quality Plus Package, which includes Fire, Theft, Collision, Comprehensive and liability coverage, would be $2017.00 for 12 months.
The policy provides liability limits in the amount of $50,000 Bodily Injury Each Person, $100,000 Each Accident, and $25,000 Property Damage. This includes Uninsured/ Underinsured motorist and guest passenger coverage. The Uninsured/ Underinsured motorist does not apply to policies written for mopeds.
The deductible is $750.00.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just received my quote from Geico...$943.00 :ahhh: That's with everything and 500 deductible. They are still using the 999 as a reference...

These are prices with the same coverage,

Sentry quote = $4,200
Progressive = $3,800
dealer rep = $2,400
Geico = $943

I was told some companies use 1099CC size to calculate while others use a credit score/age. Geico uses driving record mostly...

I should have started an insurance company...what a scam :nutkick:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
T-revs said:
I just received my quote from Geico...$943.00 :ahhh: That's with everything and 500 deductible. They are still using the 999 as a reference...

These are prices with the same coverage,

Sentry quote = $4,200
Progressive = $3,800
dealer rep = $2,400
Geico = $943

I was told some companies use 1099CC size to calculate while others use a credit score/age. Geico uses driving record mostly...

I should have started an insurance company...what a scam :nutkick:

$943 premium is for 6 or 12 months policy ???????

·
Registered
78 Posts
$943 is for 12 month...riding all year round down south. Now If I can just get my bike!!! The Geico rep said that that quote is only good for 30 days... The dealer told me 2-3 weeks so it will be a close one!! I need the Vin number to make it legit.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You all scared me so I checked with my ins co (statefarm). Less than $700 a year with 200 deduc on comp and 500 on coll. That is for 12 months. I have a clean record and am closer to middle age (if not middle age.)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just checked state Farm...They will give me 594 a year! I asked her a million times if she was talking about the 1098 and she said yeah...1099cc's right. I said sign my ass up!! The only stipulation is that I have to insure my car through them also. The car quote is $1,200 a year so no big deal. Now I am covered 100/300,000 on everything with 200 deduc on comp and 500 on coll. 297.17 every 6 months!

Clean record and 29… :yo:

·
Registered
134 Posts
jrfuisz said:
You all scared me so I checked with my ins co (statefarm). Less than $700 a year with 200 deduc on comp and 500 on coll. That is for 12 months. I have a clean record and am closer to middle age (if not middle age.)
That's pretty damn good! I'm middle age too... but I don't think I'll make it much past 60yrs. So, my middle age and your middle age are probably different. :D

1 - 20 of 58 Posts