Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my TPS is junk. I was told it cannot be replaced but I would have to replace the whole throttle body unit in my 2010 1198. I can find them used online for much cheaper than the dealer but I'm not sure if the part will work. They say 848 but fits 1098 and 1198. The dealer also want sure. How can I find out before I order one? Thanks

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
The throttle bodies are not all the same. The 1198 ones are definitely bigger than the 1098's.

As suggested in your other thread, you only need to replace the TPS potentiometer itself, not the whole throttle bodies.

Much less work too.

I hope it fixes your issues.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys I located one that is a replacement TPswitch. Wasn't sure since 2 dealers had previously told me I needed the whole throttle body assembly.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Wasn't sure since 2 dealers had previously told me I needed the whole throttle body assembly.
Perhaps what they were saying is that the throttle bodies and TPS is stocked as one part number and is sold by Ducati as a complete unit.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I have to ask: what makes you think that the throttle position sensor needs to be replaced? It's quite uncommon for these things to fail.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I replaced the sensor a that problem went away but now the bike runs too rich to say running. Any clues as to why or if something needs to be done when changing the tps?

·
Banned
287 Posts
Ok I replaced the sensor a that problem went away but now the bike runs too rich to say running. Any clues as to why or if something needs to be done when changing the tps?
need to reset tps with ducati diag or trip to the dealer

dont run it till you do or you may fowl up your plugs

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Already fouled the plugs and replaced them. Hopefully it will be reprogrammed tomorrow. I'll let weary one know how it works out. Thanks for all the advice guys

·
Registered
12,892 Posts
I've replaced my sensor twice in 82,000K and have helped several members diagnose a failed TPS. They do require a TPS reset right after being installed though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts