Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all: I am new to this forum, and am currently looking at a 2007 800ss with 2100 miles, totally stock save the front blinkers. Now, I am a life long dirt rider( 20+years) and since 2008 an avid dual sport rider. This would be my first street only bike. I looked at it today, completely clean, not a scratch to be found. Idles fine. What should I be looking for? I am going back later this week for a test ride but would like some input on what things one looks for on this bike specifically as a prepurchase inspection. thanks in advance. Rick

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great bikes - and w/2,100 mi it should be like new. I would ride it if you can and if everything works you should be good to go. Service records, if any, would be great. The recommended first major service (belts, valve adj) is at 6,000 miles but the belt change is recommended at 6,000 mi or 2 yrs so plan on changing that as soon as you can.

The SS1000DS is a great bike too and has a little "more better" of everything - adjustable suspension, beautiful swingarm, alloy clip-ons, dry clutch, lighter wheels and an awesome motor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts