Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past week every other time I turn the ignition on nothing happens, if I switch it to off then back on everything is back to normal.
I also noticed that the clock and stats were reset at least twice, no issues with starting and battery voltage was normal at 12.7 v.

After chasing my own tail for an hour I found that the bolt holding the ground cable to the engine block wasn't bolted all the way in and the cable was lose just enough to cause the intermittent power loss, I am assuming this is was part of the prep by the dealer while installing the battery.
Anyway I figured I need to share this in case someone else comes across the same problem.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Is this why Ducati recommends 600 miles service to make sure everything is bolted right, because dudes at the factory can't be bothered :p

Good catch and glad that's all it was! Electrical gremlins are the worst!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Is this why Ducati recommends 600 miles service to make sure everything is bolted right, because dudes at the factory can't be bothered :p

Good catch and glad that's all it was! Electrical gremlins are the worst!
battery does not come installed from the factory so it could be that the cables are left loose on purpose for the install and during the pdi it wasn't tightened correctly. also, when it is shipped, it could be possible that things could come loose. i was told that for the 600mile or 1000km break in service, besides the oil change, they make sure that everything is torqued down correctly, all fluids are at the right levels and they check the ecu for any errors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.