Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! I picked up my first Ducati 2 weeks ago - a 749 Dark Monoposto - and I am loving every minute of it!! Its a fantastic bike that both looks and rides great!

But, I may have a few issues...

Firstly what looks like a coolant leak - not a huge amount, but only noticed it when I removed the fairing - is this something I should be worried about? it was serviced about 300 miles ago so could it just be the overflow from where they topped it up? Pics...

Also, when I pull off pretty hard in first it sometimes makes this horrible crunching noise from the clutch?

Otherwise it is a great bike - but hopefully these two things are minor or nothing to worry about? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

JLC

·
Registered
436 Posts
That is the wrong side for the overflow tank to leak from. I had a similar leak and it was from the small hose on the upper left fitting on the radiator. The clamp had cut the hose so I just shortened it and re installed with no further issues. As for the clutch, you might want to take it apart and clean everything, measure the friction plates and the gap at the tabs and basket, then reassemble. Make sure you keep all the plates in the same order. A VERY light dab of hi temp grease on the ends of the push rod is a good thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the wrong side for the overflow tank to leak from. I had a similar leak and it was from the small hose on the upper left fitting on the radiator. The clamp had cut the hose so I just shortened it and re installed with no further issues. As for the clutch, you might want to take it apart and clean everything, measure the friction plates and the gap at the tabs and basket, then reassemble. Make sure you keep all the plates in the same order. A VERY light dab of hi temp grease on the ends of the push rod is a good thing.
Fantastic - I'll try that, thanks for your help!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey!
Congrats on the bike!

I've just had a similar leak - pretty much on the same spot. In my case it was leaking from the bigger hose as the hose clamp wasn't really tightened. I replaced that clamp with a little wider one which I bought at Auto Advanced Parts.
Now, I don't have any problems anymore.
Just a recomendation in addition: Make sure that the coolant did not drip on the fuel pump relay - which is located at least on my 999 - right below that hose clamp. If it did, clean it and make sure the relay connections are dry.

Good luck with your bike and ride safe!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts