Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, great forum, I just put my deposit down for a 1098 (standard base model).
I am just wonder is the stalling issues only happening on the S model or is it on all 3 models?
have they found a fix for it yet?

·
Registered
337 Posts
CAG is trying to say - yes, both the 'S' and the Standard models are apparently having trouble.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Stalling

I've had my 1098 for 4 days and have experienced the stalling. I called my dealer's tech and he told me that he had that happen to 999's when they were new as well--something about lightweight rotating mass in tight new motors!! Anyway if I don't let it rev down real quick at stoplites it doesn't seem to do it--ya know what I mean---don't blip it for downshifts or downshift after I stop--my guy told me after 800 miles the 999's seemed to stop doing it--we'll see!!!???

·
Registered
215 Posts
dingsnthings said:
I've had my 1098 for 4 days and have experienced the stalling. I called my dealer's tech and he told me that he had that happen to 999's when they were new as well--something about lightweight rotating mass in tight new motors!! Anyway if I don't let it rev down real quick at stoplites it doesn't seem to do it--ya know what I mean---don't blip it for downshifts or downshift after I stop--my guy told me after 800 miles the 999's seemed to stop doing it--we'll see!!!???
I'd check with your dealer again, the problem wont go away. It has to be fixed, according to my dealer DNA is sending out an ECU fix.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I picked up my triple nine in 03, first batch, first year, besides having a bad (very minor leak 3 weeks into owning the bike) clutch side engine seal gasket (which Ducati took care of in one day), no other problems what so ever. Trouble and problem free for the 4K or so miles I put on it before I sold it.

A buddy of mine in Boston took delivery of his standard 1098 two weeks ago, and have already racked up a few hundred miles on it. Last I spoke with him, which was just a day ago, he said his bike never has stalled on him. I asked him if has any other problems, and he said no. So far so good. The bike is 100% stock, except for an open clutch cover.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SHIFT-TECH said:
Is it maby the ECU? We have the 70mm system on it with Power Commander and it has not stalled once within 1500mls.
Yeah I have been reading that alot. People are saying with a full system it seems to run fine. I am really trying to get a better understanding of that so I can decide if i should buy a new exhaust system.

Ok is there a difference between the full system and a regular system as the dealer called it? I am assuming the regular system is a slip on. as it is half the price. Does the slipons come with a new ecu as well?

·
Registered
215 Posts
sparky said:
Yeah I have been reading that alot. People are saying with a full system it seems to run fine. I am really trying to get a better understanding of that so I can decide if i should buy a new exhaust system.

Ok is there a difference between the full system and a regular system as the dealer called it? I am assuming the regular system is a slip on. as it is half the price. Does the slipons come with a new ecu as well?
The slip on comes with an ECU too just like the full system does. The diff is the you get the other piping besides the cans with the full system.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Never once stalled my "S". It's had the 70mm since delivery. I never even rode it stock. Maybe it is the fact that the 70mm system does not have this problem? Any of you guys with full systems having stalling problems?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Don't forget that with the slip on system, although you get an ECU as well, you also have the O2 sensor and if I'm not mistaken the catalytic converter in there too. I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere in this forum, I just couldn't recall where I saw it.

The 70mm system is clean through, one of the reasons it was more appealing to me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
It depends which slip-on system you get.

The Termi carbons have no cats.
The Termi titaniums have cats.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts