Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all new to ducati.org i sold my yamaha r6 2006 model about 7 months now i havent been on a bike for a while but keen to get back on em ive all was wanted a ducati

i would just like some help on peoples opions on here to tell me if i should go for it or not i know alot will say your money or your chocie but just from an out siders point can help me make the right chocie

and if you could help out with pros and cons on it thanks :D

·
Banned
19 Posts
hi all new to ducati.org i sold my yamaha r6 2006 model about 7 months now i havent been on a bike for a while but keen to get back on em ive all was wanted a ducati

i would just like some help on peoples opions on here to tell me if i should go for it or not i know alot will say your money or your chocie but just from an out siders point can help me make the right chocie

and if you could help out with pros and cons on it thanks :D
If you've always wanted one, and you feel you have a fair amount of riding experience, then I'd say go for it. If you feel intimidated by the bike and that you need to maybe practice some more, then hold off for a bit until you feel comfortable.

As I've found out in the past two days (just got one) the 848 is a totally different animal than the Jap bikes (in a super badass awesome way!), and it's probably not the best beginners bike. I know you said you had an R6, but I don't know if you have 50 miles of experience, or 50,000. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
If you liked your R6 you'll love the 848. Get one and don't look back.

If the R6 was too much bike for you then I wouldn't get the 848; it has more hp, WAY more torque, and is a lot less smooth and manageable at low rpm/speed.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
If you liked your R6 you'll love the 848. Get one and don't look back.

If the R6 was too much bike for you then I wouldn't get the 848; it has more hp, WAY more torque, and is a lot less smooth and manageable at low rpm/speed.
+1

go to your local Ducati dealership and ask to test ride it, chances you'll love it -

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i rode my cbr 250 rr for 4 months then jumped stright on to the r6 did about 6 months of riding i was confident on the r6 but let it go cause i couldnt affored to run it due to loe income work and other expencese but now im back better and big lol ...and a duke has all ways been on my mind im after an 848 evo cause it is a good bang for my buck just been riding up on them and seeing that there very touchy bikes and if you dont respect them they will bite and i herd bite hard ...and just wonted to make sure it was right for me i think ill be fine on it

as to test ride them ive been down to ducati and its an 8 week wait to get a bike in and you gotta oder it with a deposite i do alot of street riding and hopeing to take it to the track ...
i still havent gotten the bike yet just wanna make sure its right for me thanks for the replies boys

·
Registered
203 Posts
For the pure sexy factor, I'd also look at the new MV F3 releasing at the beginning of 2012. I'm guessing they will both be around the same price point.

·
Registered
851 Posts
well i rode my cbr 250 rr for 4 months then jumped stright on to the r6 did about 6 months of riding i was confident on the r6 but let it go cause i couldnt affored to run it due to loe income work and other expencese but now im back better and big lol ...and a duke has all ways been on my mind im after an 848 evo cause it is a good bang for my buck just been riding up on them and seeing that there very touchy bikes and if you dont respect them they will bite and i herd bite hard ...and just wonted to make sure it was right for me i think ill be fine on it

as to test ride them ive been down to ducati and its an 8 week wait to get a bike in and you gotta oder it with a deposite i do alot of street riding and hopeing to take it to the track ...
i still havent gotten the bike yet just wanna make sure its right for me thanks for the replies boys
Hey man welcome and I was ounce in your shoes I had plenty of cbr experience some years back riding a 6 and then fell off the saddle for a while opted for an evo and I got a hand full I laid her down ounce but confident enough to say It will not happen agin like that because picking up a whole lot of oil on the rear tire is very noticeable. Anyway I'm a tell you like a wise man told me she will buck and won't be smooth at first buy u have to be relentless at getting used to her and from that point on u will never want drop that kick stand again. I love it I would be out riding right now if my wife wasn't going into labor lmao

·
Registered
118 Posts
I rode an f3 for a while, then stopped riding for 9 years. I just got an Evo last month, and still getting back to the saddle. I'm taking it easy to get my confidence back (plus breaking it in). If I can do it, anybody can.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Hey man welcome and I was ounce in your shoes I had plenty of cbr experience some years back riding a 6 and then fell off the saddle for a while opted for an evo and I got a hand full I laid her down ounce but confident enough to say It will not happen agin like that because picking up a whole lot of oil on the rear tire is very noticeable. Anyway I'm a tell you like a wise man told me she will buck and won't be smooth at first buy u have to be relentless at getting used to her and from that point on u will never want drop that kick stand again. I love it I would be out riding right now if my wife wasn't going into labor lmao
Dunno if I've ever been called a wise man before. Wise-guy a few times though...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so pretty much to take it easy on it and not to over do it or i will get hurt pretty much
and to slowly work it up

duc lover whats with your quote ????

I looked and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hell was following close behind him.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
duc lover whats with your quote ????

I looked and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hell was following close behind him.
White Ducati, pale horse. For motorcyclists, death is always close.

·
Registered
851 Posts
how come your went with the black in the evo ? blacklight
I honestly felt like it was more my style plus not to mention I had to juice the wife a little bit on how it was a G cheaper so she wouldn't fret too much and I think it looks meaner I'm not that flashy of a guy for the red and white although the white silk is silky smooth! Lol

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i hear which sounds like a good reason ..as i rider who rides it every day how do you feel about the bike ?

·
Registered
851 Posts
i hear which sounds like a good reason ..as i rider who rides it every day how do you feel about the bike ?
I love it the only reason I'm not on it right now I'd because my wife's in the hospital waiting to be discharged with my newborn I think ounce u get used to how this baby shifts it's all cake from there, the suspension feels a bit tight but my guy at the dealer will tune that up for me here soon other than that the power and balance of this bike with a competent rider is outstanding I don't even think I want to mod it for at least the first year. Is great just the way she is; ok maybe some dope new levers for now!

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
I love it the only reason I'm not on it right now I'd because my wife's in the hospital waiting to be discharged with my newborn I think ounce u get used to how this baby shifts it's all cake from there, the suspension feels a bit tight but my guy at the dealer will tune that up for me here soon other than that the power and balance of this bike with a competent rider is outstanding I don't even think I want to mod it for at least the first year. Is great just the way she is; ok maybe some dope new levers for now!
Get a good set of rearsets *cough*Woodcraft*cough* and it'll pay off immediately.

·
Registered
17 Posts
There is no easy transition into a Ducati twin from a four cyl. But the wet clutch will be more forgiving. And if you have the cash and are worried you can upgrade to a slipper clutch for the massive engine braking comparison change. Have fun!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts