Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finding as I call all of the dealers in my state that they are sold out of all the 1098's for 2007. Is anyone else having this problem? Or hearing that your dealers are sold out in your area? I am under the impression that ducati only made a limited number of these bikes. Has anyone else found this to be true?

·
Registered
49 Posts
pete r said:
I am finding as I call all of the dealers in my state that they are sold out of all the 1098's for 2007. Is anyone else having this problem? Or hearing that your dealers are sold out in your area? I am under the impression that ducati only made a limited number of these bikes. Has anyone else found this to be true?
That would be the first I've heard of it. They probably only sold through their allotment, and are not able to trade with any other dealers. Ducati dealers don't work and play well with each other for some reason :jerkoff:

You should get ahold of my dealer at: www.ducatiok.com
they are real great guys... They are selling the bikes for list only (no fees whatsoever), and will ship them to where ever you need in the continental US at their cost, which is usually between $300 and $500.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess what I am wondering is, sounds like to me each dealer is only getting a very limited few and if you don't have your name on one you are out of luck. Any truth to that?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I live in Canada but I tried 3 dealers before I found one. The first two were sold out and the third had one left. And that was 3 weeks ago.

Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
pete r said:
I guess what I am wondering is, sounds like to me each dealer is only getting a very limited few and if you don't have your name on one you are out of luck. Any truth to that?
I'd say that's right. The 1098 is getting lots of attention, and if anyone wants one they better get a deposit down now if possible. I think they will all be spoken for very very soon.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just put a deposit down on a 1098 - $500. No problems - did it over the phone but then I'm a repeat customer. Normal process and it is refundable. I am 6th on the list at my dealer. They expect bikes to ship in February and get to me by early April. The dealer indicated that DNA will try to fill pre-orders first (but don't be surprised if there are some free bikes.) They expect to get a better idea in the next week or so on exactly when they will get each bike.

My guess if you are new to a dealer and they are smaller, you'll have more problems. I also suspect that some of the dealers that are not always in favor with DNA will have a harder time getting bikes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
yeah I just put 500$ down from iraq at South Seas Ducati in Oahu, HI. Sales manager was awesome. I am #12. they expect it in mid to late may.

·
Registered
40 Posts
jpiwko

jpiwko it seems there isn't to much information on the new ducati 1098. Acouple days ago I went looking for more videos and resulted in chasing my tail.

·
Registered
38 Posts

I put down 500 also and I was told early March for the 1098 S Tricolore. Who knows, hope the bike arrives on time because this mild winter is making me want it more and more.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Tommorow Im throwing down my deposit. I'll try and pull as many details as I can about delivery and other charges. I'll post the general vibe.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I got two downpayments in Chicagoland... both places the onl black 1098S from the first delivery...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I spoke to a guy who's local dealer is taking unlimited deposits reguardless of how many bikes they get. I guess their thinking is take a bunch of cash up front and whatever we cannot deliver on we will refund the cash. In the mean time they will have a bunch of cash to do other stuff with. I am glad I have a dealer that I know and trust, because I would be pretty ticked if I put my money down expecting to get a new 1098, and around summer they call me and tell me to come get my money because they are not getting any more bikes for the year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Socal Ducati has some I believe...

I placed a $500 deposit at the international show and am #5 in line and am told Feb 9th is my delivery date when the bikes are going to be mass unveiled across the US. As you know the bike has gotten so much attention that I believe the bike will be sold out in the initial release but when the dust settles the option colored bikes will be readily available. Since this is my 1st Ducati I do not know if they will be #'d or just plain VIN #d. I am now wondering if many of the initial bikes will be auctioned on eBay to those who are finding it hard to aquire one at this time. The manufacturing plant can only make so many this year so I think this 1st year 1098 will have great value in the years to come. I wonder if the game plan is to enlarge the manufacturing as they profit and expand to compete with metric bikes on a larger scale. Just my 2 cents! What does everybody else think?

jeff

1 - 20 of 47 Posts