Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys/gals I'm a newbie that has been thinking about getting an 821 stripe and I went to a local dealer and was told that the M821 is a limited production model I think they said "they only made 50" now as I said I'm a newbie but for some reason I think thats incorrect and they're just trying to rush me into a purchase. So I just wanted to ask you folks if it were true or not?

Also what is a good price for a stripe I'm assuming another reason they said it was "limited production" is to try to keep me from negotiating from the MSRP.

Any info would be helpful thanks guys I look forward to joining the ducati family soon cheers!

-Jon

·
Registered
268 Posts
It is only limited to what dealers ordered. We could have ordered as many as we wanted, but chose to only order one. May be the same case with your selling dealer. We have one available, where are you located?

·
Registered
184 Posts
definitely don't let them rush you and you can always negotiate. when i started buying mine(non stripe) they said there was no negotiating because it was too new of a model. i kept coming back over 4 months kept asking finally told them if they could do the numbers i wanted i would buy it that day. they did and i even saved an extra 1700 by returning the "FREE" extended warranty they tacked on to help me out. waited a couple weeks for everything to process because i was out of the country. when i got back easy return and great price for me.

sales are all the same, businesses have to make money and customers need to be educated and you hope to end up somewhere in the middle or a little closer to the customer side in my dealings ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I paid MSRP for my stripe. My local dealership only ordered one, which was the one I put the deposit on. I was expecting to pay a mark up, I was happy to pay MSRP. I ordered mine in November/December 2014, delivery early April 2015. I love my 821 Stripe. Its plenty quick, picks up the front wheel easily, and looks good doing it :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
It seems that most dealers had only one in the showroom, at least here in Ohio. I was able to talk them into taking few hundreds off but it seems that between freight and documentation fees I ended up paying MSRP anyway I love it limited production or not.

·
Registered
28 Posts
in the uk my local dealer has stripe in stock but they didnt say it was limited addition, its about £500 more than the red/white version. i like the little cowl on the stripe but was told its about £350
The mini fairing is one addition, but more importantly the stripe version comes with adjustable front forks which do not come on the standard version.

This was the main driver for me to take the stripe. Absolutely love this bike :yo:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.