Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found one but it only for the streetfighter(96782210B) and apparently it wont fit the superbike... I didn't think the tail section is any different.
Any other options? My woman hates the stock seat.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Not that I have heard of. Superbikes are not typically great for two up riding to begin with. Your best bet is to take the stock seat to an upholstery shop and have them add some cushioning with memory foam. This will probably run about the same cost as a new seat and you can get custom colors or stitching, etc.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
In a word - NO.

And it's not just the seat that is the problem - it is a lot to do with the placement of the passengers' footrests. Too high, and too far forward.

Get your mate to take you for a ride on the back, and you will develop a new respect and insight into your passenger's issues.

As said above - these bikes are just no good for a passenger.

:(

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Get a different bike and save yourself a lot of grief.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Never had a problem with shorter girls. My current gf is taller so maybe that's why. We don't ride enough to justify buying another bike practical for 2 up. Adding more cushion is it I guess. Does anyone have a Streetfighter they can swap the seats on to see if it works? I have a hard time believing the seats are different, but who knows.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Yes her height will be exacerbating the footrest location problem. She will feel like she is being pulled off the back of the bike every time you accelerate or change gears up.

There was a kit around to extend the footrests down a little, but unfortunately the mounts onto the frame aren't all that solid, and extending the bracket applies more leverage to those mounts.

But the bracket extenders might make your girl feel a little more secure. It would allow her to brace against accelerative forces a bit more.

But - just by way of illustration - my wife has done many miles on the back of my bikes. The old bevel 900SS, a later '90s SS, and our dual-purpose Elefant and others.

Whereas she enjoyed many a run into the outback on the Elefant - long distances up the notorious Oodnadatta track and out to Arkaroola - she didn't want to go beyond the limits of our small suburb on the back of the 1098.

That is how shit it is on the back of them for a full-sized passenger. (She is reasonably tall for a girl).

So I guess you are down to working out how important this girl is to you, and how important it is that she shares your bike riding. :lovebirds:

Best suggestions we can offer..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.