Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post I just joined today. So if my question was asked please point me in that direction.

I have a 2009 Ducati 848 (White)
Q: Is there a way to have both lights running on low lights at the sametime?

I love my bike but it would look even cooler if it wasn't winking lol

Thanks for all the help and I look forward to getting to know more about the Ducati world and this Forum.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
This is my first post I just joined today. So if my question was asked please point me in that direction.

I have a 2009 Ducati 848 (White)
Q: Is there a way to have both lights running on low lights at the sametime?

Thanks for all the help and I look forward to getting to know more about the Ducati world and this Forum.
I believe one light is dedicated low and the other high. If this is the case you would have to r/r the high beam unit with one from a left hand drive country (england) or disassemble the sealed unti and add in your own high/low beam unit.

There is the risk of running down your bikes battery but that is easily solved with a stronger unit.

·
Registered
224 Posts
the high beam / low beam is just a plate in the light. you might be able to flip it around so they are both low beam, then splice the low beam wires for the high beam signal.

·
Registered
224 Posts
if u go to page 10 in that link VFRman posted...

u can find his extensive PDFs. i just did, and decided i would stick with the stock setup, hahaha.

having low and high beams in both bulbs would be unbelievably sexy though!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
i think you could just buy a $40 HID ebay job and run the high beam bulb off the low beam connector? probably need a bit more length to the cables, but seems easy
But then your still running a high and low beam. The difference is in the reflectors in the actaual headlight. So splicing both lights off the low beam is like riding around with the high beam switched on at all times. So why not just do that. Only way to actually accomplish what your asking is to do the conversion but most are doing it for the better visibility while riding not oncoming. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
There's something you don't understand. One of the defining characteristics of the newly released 1994 916 was the one light on, one light off. It identified the bike as a Ducati at a distance and became the new cool. So cool in fact, that other manufacturers copied the look.

So, if you want your Ducati to have the look of all the other of the sportbikes on the road ...

·
Registered
239 Posts
I can't tell you how many times people would stop me and tell me I had a headlight out. -.-

I wink all of the time, are you telling me that this isn't as cool as I thought it was? ;)

It's purely an aesthetic thing but I'm sure there is a way to do it.

Welcome to the beautiful world of Ducati.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I can't tell you how many times people would stop me and tell me I had a headlight out. -.-
This is a good thing. Much like the third tail light on a car, it attracts your attention and increases the likelihood that you'll be seen in traffic. Do you really think by adding a headlight you'll appear cool to the clueless?

·
Registered
248 Posts
But then your still running a high and low beam. The difference is in the reflectors in the actaual headlight. So splicing both lights off the low beam is like riding around with the high beam switched on at all times. So why not just do that. Only way to actually accomplish what your asking is to do the conversion but most are doing it for the better visibility while riding not oncoming. Good luck.
yeah, i thought he just wanted that "both lights on" look. need to pull the headlight apart if you wanna run two legit low beams - i dont think the blocking plate can be unscrewed off the newer models?

·
Registered
239 Posts
This is a good thing. Much like the third tail light on a car, it attracts your attention and increases the likelihood that you'll be seen in traffic. Do you really think by adding a headlight you'll appear cool to the clueless?
Shazaam, I'm all about the single headlight, I just get tired of explaining it. It is like the time my unit was doing PT and a 1x98 came by the formation. The clutch was doing its thing and someone tried to pull the "something's wrong with his bike" card with a smug tone. I just turned around shook my head and said "dry clutch" then went back to my pushups.

People.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well one solution could be to just re-adjust the high beam so it is level with the main light.. It does mean you have to switch on the high beam to get dual lights... But sacrifices the high beam...

Sent from my iPad using Ducati.org Forum

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Well one solution could be to just re-adjust the high beam so it is level with the main light.. It does mean you have to switch on the high beam to get dual lights... But sacrifices the high beam...

Sent from my iPad using Ducati.org Forum
It doesn't work that way. The blocking plates in these bikes cut off half of the beam pattern...the upper half for the low and the lower half for the high. Just adjusting down the high beam would give you the upper half of the beam pattern pointing straight at the ground.

If the OP doesn't want to ride around with his high beams on, his only real option is to crack open the headlight and replace the projectors with bi-xenon units.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.