·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I have observed the last few months, these voltages:

~13V key on before cranking
~14.5-14.2-14.3 (not very stable) after the motor starts

and after 1 minute maximum it drops to 13.5 and stays there. sometimes it increases to 13.7 with rev up but no more.

Its worth mentioning that the battery is always at 12.9-13.1 at hey on and never below, and always starts the bike normally, so it charges.

Is it the regulator? Is it normal?

(also i am having incorrect and strange behavior at idle and below 3k, worse than the normal 1098 thing, sometimes blackens the vertical plug, and i am about to get it checked at the service for that. been searching for plug/electrical issue for months but i ruled out the regulator as it was at 14.5 until 4-5 months ago)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Regulator

Save yourself some problems and change your regulator and buy a japenese regulator. You can get one for cheap on ebay. I had problems when the bike was heating up in traffic it would stall. It never happened on the track as it is getting a lot of air. Since I changed it, it has been working fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.