Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own an 848 which is never going to be sold but I am thinking of getting a hyperstrada to extend my riding season and places I can go.
For those of you that own one -
1. What is your opinion of the bike? Any changes you would make?
2. Any real service issues?

Oh and maybe tell how long you have had it and how many miles you have put down. What else you have owned?

Thanks for any info

Criz

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maybe this is why there was never a Hyperstrada page until last week. Nobody gives a shit about that bike but a few and they aren't on this forum! Ha

I own an 848 which is never going to be sold but I am thinking of getting a hyperstrada to extend my riding season and places I can go.
For those of you that own one -
1. What is your opinion of the bike? Any changes you would make?
2. Any real service issues?

Oh and maybe tell how long you have had it and how many miles you have put down. What else you have owned?

Thanks for any info

Criz

·
Registered
43 Posts
I find this quite funny, About a year I was asking the same question on here. I wanted to go from my 848 to a hyper and the d-bags on this forum started arguing and derailed the thread and it was eventually closed by admin. I pretty much quit coming onto this site for that reason...

So after doing my research I ended up trading in by 848 for the Hyper Strada which in my opinion it was the best thing I have are did. The bike is a pure blast to ride along with the comfort that you will never get with a super bike. No it doesn't go over 130 and honestly isn't much fun at that speed but for any street warrior I don't think you could ask for much more. I am not a track rider and I'm not the fastest guy on the street but I wil say I am much quicker on my hyper than I would have ever been on the 848.

When it was new I had a few silly issues but they worked themselves out during the break in period. My worst issue is that my local dealer seems to hire incompetent techs that cant change your oil with out screwing something up.( this was on my first service, I will be doing my own services from here out) I spotted an oil leak at the rear of the engine. Concerned, I returned to the dealer. He calls me and says oh we're sorry but it looks like the tech over filled your oil and it was coming out the breather... Ok they drop the oil level and send me on my way. Next Sunday I give a good trashing and here we go again more oil leaking. This time they say that the breather filter is saturated and needs to be replaced which ended up being a 10 day ordeal.

All in all I love my hyper and would honestly never go back to a superbike. I have read that a good tune will smooth out the fueling which can be jerky under 5600rpm and a steering dampener would be great at those higher speeds but other than that I think you couldn't get a more exciting bike.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I rode a 2015 821

A guy I ride with has a 2015.

I rode it once on the highway- here are my thoughts:

- It's a peppy bike. It will get up and go. (Did I really need to mention this?)?

-It actually has decent wind protection- the windscreen and hand guards are a nice feature.

- More comfortable for longer rides than my Monster- more room to stretch out the legs, up-right ergonomics.

- Options to attach bags- which were not on the bike at the time.

What I would change:

-I didn't like the seat as it doesn't really allow for scooting back (away from bars). I would want a different/flatter seat.

-I felt my arms were kind of cramped as compared to my Monster- very close to the handle bars. This kind of plays in with the seat situation.

-It's tall, but I am a midget (5'6). I believe Ducati makes a "Low" version of this bike? No?

Overall, it was a nice ride, I would want to replace the seat and possibly adjust or change out the bars.. maybe even remove the risers.

I actually considered buying one, but felt that I should stick with what I've got.

My buddy really enjoys the bike... the one thing he seems to bitch about the most are the forks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2013 Hyperstrada and 30k of riding including a 6k tour of Europe this year its a great bike but a bit ugly! Its quick enough and great for short touring for those of us that like camping you get enough kit on it to make a 2 week tour.

Ducati should have made a Hyperstrada Enduro before the Multistrada for people with short legs as it would be a great bike on and off road. Is anybody seriously going to take a 1200 of that size off road? They will bring one out for sure soon I will buy it in a heartbeat

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a 2013 Hyperstrada and 30k of riding including a 6k tour of Europe this year its a great bike but a bit ugly! Its quick enough and great for short touring for those of us that like camping you get enough kit on it to make a 2 week tour.

Ducati should have made a Hyperstrada Enduro before the Multistrada for people with short legs as it would be a great bike on and off road. Is anybody seriously going to take a 1200 of that size off road? They will bring one out for sure soon I will buy it in a heartbeat
I think it's a badass looking bike!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. I just joined this forum after buying a new, left over 2015. My thoughts:
This Hyperstrada addresses most of the things I didn't like about the 2013 Hypermotard I had for 2 years. The 2015 shifts well with no false neutrals, it has a smooth, non-grabby clutch, a more comfy and lower seat. It also soaks up road bumps better.
The only thing I might change is to remove the handlebar risers.

I should say that I have only 250 miles on it so far but I anticipate a long and happy relationship with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sold a gsxr to get a hyperstrada years of being hunched over and cramped have caught up with me, didn't want a multistrada or a Gs type bike as wanted to keep all the light fast aspects with a option to go away for weekends this fits the bill, great bit of kit 👍

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a hold over 2015 Hyperstrada about 7 months ago. I love it!! I have owned several bikes over my years. This one fits my current riding style perfectly. Its great for quick trips in town and 200 mile road trips with the wife on the back. Its completely stock right now, but really wanna start blinging it out here soon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought one on a whim without ever test riding it. I wanted a Hypermotard but I'm 5'7" and it just didn't fit. I didn't know the Hyperstrada was so much lower. Then I saw the price: New one for $10k which was over $4K off and I said I'm down.

I also wanted a lightweight bike with bags for taking my wife out. I have 9 bikes including 3 Ducatis and a Harley Road King CVO and didn't feel secure putting her on a 850lb bike.

The Hyperstrada is the absolute most fun I've had on a bike in my life. The high speed handling on the twisties is as good as my 999 Superbike. Even faster. The DTC and ABS are great. Faster than stink. Super comfort.

I may be buying a vacation home in Boulder and will buy a bike to leave there for when I'm in town and 100% it will be a Hyperstrada as it is the perfect all-rounder. Amazing. They blew it with this stupid Multistrada 950. What the failed to do was market the Hyperstrada to people 5"8 and under. I assumed it was tall.

I would not change a thing. The only downside is the riding position creates wind noise in my helmet like a banshee and I MUST wear hearing protection.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.