Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
He's a very quick at motocross and he musta gone down hard. Poor guy… I bet he'll be there.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would expect him to be there as well, maybe not contending for the podium. And potentially holding him back At Le Mans. We'll see in five days...

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Was just reading about Marc's surgery on his finger..
Time to call Stoner! Ok, just a jest..

Marc should be fine.. But it will be interesting to see how it does effect his speed and maneuverability on the bike?

Looking forward to the gang getting back to Europe..

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Pshh! Who needs a little finger on the left hand...he still has the other 3 for the clutch, and he only needs to use the clutch at the start anyway. He's just building himself up for a more dramatic win! :D

I like how in that article it says "recovery for normal patients is 4-6 weeks. In motorcycles terms that's 2-3 weeks"....ha! more like 2-3 days! lol

Remember Lorenzo racing 2 days after a collar bone fracture surgery??...yeah normal recovery for that is several weeks if it was a minor case...a few months if it was a bad one.

Reactions: WERA689

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
Hell, he is only 22 years old.. He will be riding in a couple of days...and racing next weekend...just sayin...excuse me, winning next weekend!!

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rossi
Lorenzo
Dovi

Where's Marc

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Oh my.. Pickin' time?
1. Rossi
2. Dovi
3. Marquez
4. Aleix E.
5. Lorenzo

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Really? Result picking time already? LOL :D

It's Marc's home race. The doctors will tape two of his fingers together and Alpinestars is probably already working on a special glove for him.

I'll say this much, I've broken my finger, I've broke my wrist, I've broken ribs and my collar bone two. What these guys are capable of doing when things are broken, is far beyond anything us mere mortals are capable of doing. Not only do they have the best doctors, but they absolutely have the most positive outlook. Jorge racing a day after surgery blew my mind away. I have no doubt Marc will follow suit, especially at his home race.

P.S. I'm not hedging bets on results until I see the weather and KNOW Marc will be there sunday.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Come on Tye... Look how accurate the weather forecasts have been for the last two races?
And as far as Marc? I would expect to see him.. Whether at 100% or not..

It is ok to "hedge" ones bet up front..
More about what we "want" to see, rather than what we expect to see. Even that said, Rossi has won from 8th on the grid this year.. Twice..
Try not to be soooo serious.. Have some fun with it at times.
Rossi .. That is what I said prior to them arriving in Argentima, and that is what I say now.
A three way battle with Dovi and Marc? That is just icing on the cake.. If Jorge shows up and is on pace? Even better.
Aleix on his home track? Should be a good one..

Reactions: 219R

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
What Lorenzo did that race was beyond amazing and yes I would be very surprised if Marc sat out, One thing to keep in mind is that the location of the fracture sounds more like a broken hand than a just a broken finger, it is at the knuckle

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
What Lorenzo did that race was beyond amazing and yes I would be very surprised if Marc sat out, One thing to keep in mind is that the location of the fracture sounds more like a broken hand than a just a broken finger, it is at the knuckle
Yep, that's a very similar injury to mine. I've got a re-build knuckle, metal plate with 6 screws, tuns of tissue damage and the ligaments are all torn to shreds. Took me 10 weeks to heal and another two months before I could ride again. 5 years later, I still only have 50% use of my left hand. Thank god I'm a righty!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Come on Tye.. "Hedge" a bet..
Before they set to the track, wadda ya say? Want do ya want to see?

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I don't know that it should really be a "what do I want to see" thing...if that's the case, I'll always say Marquez, Rossi, and Dovi (in no particular order) for the podium. But that's boring if I say the same thing every race. I'll be placing my guess, of what "I think" will happen...but I'm holding off until they announce if Marc will be racing or not.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Hedging your bets means that you are laying wagers on all aspects of a risk so as to minimise your potential risk after the outcome.
Meaning you bet on all sides and ensure that if your big win option is a loss you have bet on the other side enough to set it off..

It's not actually a gambling term. Comes from the financial markets.

and has anyone noticed? "me, me, me, me, I, I, I, me, me, me". Same old, same old.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Tweeted by Marc..

Reactions: WERA689
1 - 20 of 182 Posts