Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I just bought a 2009 848 in pearl white with only 5,500kms . It has termignoni exhaust system and upgraded ecu, ducati steering damper and upgraded air filter.

Just wondering if theres any tips/tricks I should know about. Iv also got a honda cbr929rr which was my first bike.

Thanks for everyone's time.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Don't be scared when it starts hard, runs rough at low rpm, and throws a lot of heat. That's all normal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have the suspension sag set for you. It makes a world of difference. You're welcome :)
Thanks mate. I'll be getting that sorted soon. My younger brother will be riding the bike when im not but we're both about the same weight.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Congrats!! Only other things besides getting the rider/bike sags set would be a set of StompGrips/TechSpec tank pads for grip (these tanks are narrow and slick), and a set of replacement footpegs (if you don't want to go fully adjustable rearsets just yet) as the OEM pegs aren't grippy at all.

After that, since you're in Melbourne, sign up for Levels 1 & 2 in January at Phillip Island! :)
Advanced Rider Training ? California Superbike School

:)

-Christian

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats!! Only other things besides getting the rider/bike sags set would be a set of StompGrips/TechSpec tank pads for grip (these tanks are narrow and slick), and a set of replacement footpegs (if you don't want to go fully adjustable rearsets just yet) as the OEM legs aren't grippy at all.

After that, since you're in Melbourne, sign up for Levels 1 & 2 in January at Phillip Island! :)
Advanced Rider Training ? California Superbike School

:)

-Christian
Thanks mate.
Yer I was actually looking at the tank pads. With the foot pegs my left is ok compared to my right brake pedal. I have to move my foot a bit further back on the peg to feel the break pedal. Sometime I think im not even touching it and have to move my foot to double check. Would of been good if the brake pedal was a bit longer.

I wouldn't mind doing some lessons and improving my self and becoming a better rider, my cornering could do with more work.
I'll see how I go since its a busy time of the year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.