Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stoping in to say hi. This will be my first Ducati but I've had a decent amount of sport bikes. My parents friends just bought a dealership that used to be a Ducati dealership and they had 2 2012 1199 still in the crate. Traded in my Harley and little bit of cash. Should have it this Friday and I can't wait to put some miles on it. I was originally looking at 2015 1299 but I just couldn't pass up this deal.

Well here it is.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Great story, great find ..

Bet you got an awesome deal as well.

BTW what's the asking price on the S-model?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Might wanna check with your dealer, but I think you might be eligible to get the heat shields by the rear cylinder head for free. And if your lower fairing is missing the oil level site hole in it you might be able to get it since you just purchased it and it's within warranty. Have you checked it for all recalls yet?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Might wanna check with your dealer, but I think you might be eligible to get the heat shields by the rear cylinder head for free. And if your lower fairing is missing the oil level site hole in it you might be able to get it since you just purchased it and it's within warranty. Have you checked it for all recalls yet?
the dealer I bought it from is no longer a Ducati dealer but it goes into Moto Europa in Saint Louis Mo in a few weeks. The recalls they mentioned are a software update, wiring harness, and something with the exhaust(I'm guessing the heat shields).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.