Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my used Duc 1199s white. comes with everything. didn't know how much better it was from my 848...clutch lever is not as stiff and the power is amazing( what to do with all that horses), I can go on and on but I am sure everyone knows that already..

now I see why everyone is converting from 848 to 1199.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Great find .. enjoy and be safe !

·
Registered
70 Posts
Congrats! Beautiful bike - I have the base 1199 in white.

How is your inspection plate mounted on your brake caliper? Can I get a close-up pic?

Thanks. Mike

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Beautiful bike! Congratulations! When upgrading from my 848 Corse I test rode 2 different Panigale's, both S models, and bought a used 2010 1198S Corse. I paid way more for the 1198 than I could have bought a used 1199S for. I'm very happy with the 1198 Corse, but my next bike will be an 1199S. I will keep the Corse, just add a Panigale to the garage...

Good luck!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Thanks for the pics I've got a white S that I plan to track once I get my neck and right shoulder sorted out. Any way I purchased the tech spec and have wondered what it would look like... now I see and I think I like it. What is your opinion actually seeing it on the bike. Pictures can be deceiving?

·
Registered
511 Posts
You are right! The upgrade to an 1199S is pretty sweet!

I am absolutely loving this bike. Congrats!!

Hate those damn stickers and how VA. makes you display them. Would be nicer to keep them in a bag behind the rear plate. Silly law.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You are right! The upgrade to an 1199S is pretty sweet!

I am absolutely loving this bike. Congrats!!

Hate those damn stickers and how VA. makes you display them. Would be nicer to keep them in a bag behind the rear plate. Silly law.

That's what I do for the property tax stickers (in the trunk).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just got my used Duc 1199s white. comes with everything. didn't know how much better it was from my 848...clutch lever is not as stiff and the power is amazing( what to do with all that horses), I can go on and on but I am sure everyone knows that already..

Congrats, I did the same and traded in my 848. Love this 1199 and waiting for a track day to play with the suspension settings.
Enjoy...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
changed all the decals RED

thanks everyone.

just changed my decals from alloutgraphics.com, they did a great job.

keep everyone posted on all the little things I do..

Attachments

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Enzoso- r u talking about the plate?
No, the tech spec the black tank protectors. Looks like tech spec.

Although I do like your plate holder as well...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I looked and looked, can't find any detail on putting on a carbon fiber heat shield and the heat wrap. I use to the heat, but still trying to lower it.

Who has changed it and tell me how.

What tools and step by step..

·
Official Site Vendor
1,032 Posts
I looked and looked, can't find any detail on putting on a carbon fiber heat shield and the heat wrap. I use to the heat, but still trying to lower it.

Who has changed it and tell me how.

What tools and step by step..
Depending on how much you want to lower the heat, you can ceramic coat the pipes, plus run a carbon heat shield with Zircotec liner. That combination should lower the lever of radiant heat by up to 80%.

It's an expensive method, but worth it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts