Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Bill,

We (family) were in your neck of the woods over Easter weekend, and I stopped at Letko to drool over the bikes. My wife found a fanstastic deal on a jacket while we were there. The folks there are really great; if I lived in your area I'd certainly be their customer.

Here in Omaha, I already have a buddy with a 1098. Not all of the Omaha-bound bikes are staying in the area, though, since the dealer here serves quite a wide area. Like Letko, the folks at Ducati Omaha are a great bunch. They know their stuff and the service is top-notch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm happy you enjoyed your trip through K.C. if you ever ride down check out KC Plaza Sportbikes.com its a group that meets at a coffee house on the Plaza fun times to be had. :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Bill,

Would you by any chance be heading up to Pacific Junction, IA on Memorial Day for the Duc Truck event? I'm getting my 1098 on the track that day, and am looking forward to doing so.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AAAaaa that sounds great but i have home remodel stuff planed that weekend thanks for asking i would love to be there for that :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Bill,

Definately agree with you about letko, just picked up a 1098S about three weeks ago, just got her back from the 600 mile service. Do you ride alot around KC I'm a pretty young guy and all my friends ride jap bikes and are way to crazy for me, I'm looking for some new guys to ride with in the area that are a little less crazy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I plan on buying mine from them. I haven't heard anything but good stuff about em. Leigh has been super helpful also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
what up fellaz & gals :), im new to the whole forum thing but tryna meet more duc owners close to where i live. Anyboby ever heard of Warrensburg MO

·
Registered
263 Posts
just recently moved to overland park ks, picking up my ducati from virginia this weekend,

if you see a silver 2001 z06 on the streets of johnson county thats me!

id love to meet some new people to go riding with

·
Registered
1 Posts
Highway 19

I've never had a Duc before but I'm strongly considering one for the spring. In the meantime, I'll have to live vicariously through you!

I'm originally from the St. Louis area although I live in Mobile, AL, now. If you are anywhere near the Ozarks, or want to be for a weekend ride, you need to be on Highway 19 in Missouri from Cuba or St. James all the way down to Thayer, MO. I used to visit relatives down that road all the time. Back when I road a lot more I used to ride Hwy 19.

It's a hell of a ride for someone that likes twisties and hills. Highly recommended for anyone in Missouri.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My ST2 came new from Letko and has always been serviced there. I didn't buy the 1098 new but it's getting it's first visit to Mario and company tomorrow.

·
Registered
24 Posts
lonely

hey buddy your not alone i live in hutchinson ks and mario the guy at letko does all my ducati work on my ducati 1098 and my ducati 748

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have to give another thumbs up for Letko. The staff there is great and found them to be very knowledgeable and enjoyed my buying experience there.

As for Mario, I don't know how many of you know but he's going to be moving to Florida this month (December 2010). After 10 years at Letko he was offered a position teaching at the Ducati school in Daytona. He will surely be missed but on a brighter note, his students will be working on Ducs all over the country and if they are as half as good as him, we will all be in good hands!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts