Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I just received my warranty sheet and noticed my dealer checked off that I recieved 2 black and 1 red key for my 'S'. I received the black ones, but didn't receive nor knew anything about any red keys?

Did anyone receive a red key?

:mad:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
If I remember correctly, on my triple nine, the red key was the "program" key and you'll need that if you ever loose your set of keys. You should have one, unless Ducati changed that whole transponder key system thingy....

PS: Those of you who own more than one late model Ducati, try going for a ride with other Duc keys in your pocket. Sometimes I would forget to take my girlfriends Monster keys out of my pocket, and my 999 wouldnt start up. I would have to get off the bike, walk about 10 feet away and then come back with just the 999 key to get it to crank over. Fun stuff!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ducati DID change away from the red key nonsense. It's all in the owner's manual. Two black keys is all you get along with a 'code card' which came tie wrapped to the license plate holder when crated. If the immobilizer locks you out you input the code number from the card directly into the instrument panel using the mode buttons.

·
Registered
55 Posts
See Page 36 of the manual. You get 2 keys and the card (which replaces the old red key which was always a pain)

Page 38 has the card imput process.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts