Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speaking to Speedweek, KTM CEO Stefan Pierer announced that the Austrian company will be entering the MotoGP World Championship in 2017. KTM will race with a brand new machine that features a V4 engine and will be called the KTM RC16.
Pierer said that KTM will debut the V4 engine in May of 2015, and begin testing and developing the RC16 later that year – KTM may even wild-card the race bike during the 2016 season. Perhaps the biggest news though is that KTM plans to produce up to 100 units of the KTM RC16 race bike, which will be available to the public for a cool €150,000 to €200,000 (likely in the same way privateers can purchase a lower-spec machine than KTM’s Moto3 racer).

read more....

KTM Announces Plans to Enter MotoGP in 2017 with a V4-Powered KTM RC16 Race Bike

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Gr8 news, maybe they will start-up a new Forum! :)

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gr8 news, maybe they will start-up a new Forum! :)
Don't they start a new forum if someone lets a particularly fragrant fart go?

It's like the De Agostini of forum factories here ( De Agostini churn out magazines for everything and anything to cash in on whatever is flavour of the month )

Which is a particular bugbear of mine. Profit from the work of others without creating anything.

·
Administrator
2,935 Posts
Now, now. At least the sites we run are all about stuff we're actually interested in! If we didn't own/admin most of these sites, we'd be members. Hell, I started with these guys in 2009 at Droid Forums as a regular member. Then they learned of my motorsports bent; then of my earlier career as a news photographer; then of the breadth of those interests of mine, and it was a natural fit for them to hire me.

There's plenty of forums out there whose owners have never ridden a bike and likely never would. That ain't us.

Besides, you guys are here...again. Right? Come on, lighten up.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
I guess we love you, Neil. :)

Reactions: WERA689

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now, now. At least the sites we run are all about stuff we're actually interested in! If we didn't own/admin most of these sites, we'd be members. Hell, I started with these guys in 2009 at Droid Forums as a regular member. Then they learned of my motorsports bent; then of my earlier career as a news photographer; then of the breadth of those interests of mine, and it was a natural fit for them to hire me.

There's plenty of forums out there whose owners have never ridden a bike and likely never would. That ain't us.

Besides, you guys are here...again. Right? Come on, lighten up.
And any of that makes it any less true? No matter. Does not hurt me.

My comment was not about you Neil nor should you consider it so.

As for being here. I only keep coming back to see the resident Walter Mitty revert to type. I want a ring-side seat for the next implosion. Although it's becoming a bit repetitive.

If you have not been paying attention he's right on course for that after his usual month of playing the good guy. Can't change those spots. The nastiness and abuse is slipping back in.

This place is like the Hotel California. I've tried to check out a number of times and I've given you ample opportunity, no begged you, to ensure I don't come back.

That ball is in your court.

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
Its been a month since these two guys have been let loose and the best racing thread we've gotten so far looks like this:

As you can see, lots of other people posting and talking about racing, right?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he's still reading the messages though. It appears in his profile when he does so.

Ohh look at me, la la la can't see or hear you ...*peeek*

What a fucking prima donna.

He even had to search for that to create the list. There are no instances of myself and bob posting that many messages together.

It's childish. Stamp your feet some more Walter. And the sad thing now is that he's painted himself into a corner. He pretends not to read these messages so can't respond when I call him a childish cocksucker.

Once again, please, get this kid to a therapist before he does some damage to other people.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Its been a month since these two guys have been let loose and the best racing thread we've gotten so far looks like this:

As you can see, lots of other people posting and talking about racing, right?

You sure have been hanging out on the thread I started that has almost 700 responses. How about your thread? Thought you weren't reading our stuff, Purcell!! :laughing:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Oh and Walter. Seeing as your ego won't let you leave this alone. The only person who is still responding to you outside of the new guys you try to enamour with your 'experience' is Rubbish and that's because you refuse to notice all the times he's called you out on your bullshit. Because once he's gone you have nobody.

Fingers in ears because if you don't notice it it can't be happening right? Narcissistic personality disorder.

can you even post in a thread of someone you have ignored? Or do you have to have a little peek at what they are saying.

At least i ignored him by strength of will rather than a forum tool. That was until he started up being a tool himself. Again.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
btw. If any other members feel like Tyler that i should not post the race weekend threads comprising of press releases, hi-res pictures and media commentary. Please say so. I'll not be offended. I've said before it's work i can do without.

And i don't need you either to tell me if you appreciate it, because I'm not that guy and don't care. I'm not fishing for compliments. But if my race posts are as offensive to the eye as Tyler wants us to believe then please do say so.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
btw. If any other members feel like Tyler that i should not post the race weekend threads comprising of press releases, hi-res pictures and media commentary. Please say so. I'll not be offended. I've said before it's work i can do without.

And i don't need you either to tell me if you appreciate it, because I'm not that guy and don't care. I'm not fishing for compliments. But if my race posts are as offensive to the eye as Tyler wants us to believe then please do say so.

:laughing::laughing::laughing: What a load of bullshit. You love posting up, it makes you feel good.:hump:

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
:laughing::laughing::laughing: What a load of bullshit. You love posting up, it makes you feel good.:hump:
Exactly! Duhh!!!

Plus, we're all sick and tired of the myopic force-fed press releases as the only content in the racing section. Yea it's a Ducati forum, but believe it or not, most of us enjoy watching and discussing Marc Marquez, Valentino Rossi or Dani Pedrosa vs being forced to wade through page after page of press releases and stills about a failing team.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I'm confused how this thread turned sideways all of a sudden :confused:....Tye, what was the point of posting a screenshot of a page on that thread?? Really came out of nowhere...

Reactions: 219R

·
Registered
239 Posts
I enjoy getting the information while I'm out here in Afghanistan. This is a Ducati forum, I've personally discussed Marquez in the forum, and had no issues, but why shouldn't the information be Ducati related? The information should be Ducati centric. If you don't enjoy reading it, don't. It really, really isn't complicated.

It seems a bit childish to post something like that screen shot. Completely unnecessary. I also just wouldn't worry about what someone has to say, especially if I'm not a fan of them.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the good times .:)
I'm pretty much done with you also Wilks. I didn't understand your poor reputation here from your previous bannings. It's becoming evident now.
Seems to breed a particular brand of mouthy fuckwit down there.

I won't post a picture of who I have on my banlist. That would be childish.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I'm pretty much done with you also Wilks. I didn't understand your poor reputation here from your previous bannings. It's becoming evident now.
Seems to breed a particular brand of mouthy fuckwit down there.

I won't post a picture of who I have on my banlist. That would be childish.
Well that's that then . I actually don't have a ignore list to post .
I love forums and social media it gives idiots a voice .

1 - 20 of 108 Posts