Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Court Jester
11,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
The kit I ordered didn't come with them. But it looks like they've changed the system. I put one of those kits on a friends bike few months ago, earlier this year. It was a total pain in the ass, but it does make fairing removal easier in the future.

·
Court Jester
11,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
You can get plastic washers from Lowes if you go to the hardware section.
I have gotten some there.
Like a $1.50 for six of them.

·
Registered
395 Posts
You can get plastic washers from Lowes if you go to the hardware section.
I have gotten some there.
Like a $1.50 for six of them.
Good to know. On a somewhat related note I was looking for an aluminum washer for a car transmission drain plug and no hardware store OR auto part store had the damn thing, go figure!

·
Court Jester
11,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I have ordered days kits from kurvey girl 3 times twice in the past few months. All three times the kits came with black plastic washers included. Their washers are slightly thinner then the oem but they work just fine. You cannot notice a difference in color when they are installed. They have great service and ship quick as he'll.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I agree with Danny. I had the same experience when I bought from them. Black plastic washers. The DZUS fasteners worked great. I also don't recall being a PITA. You just put the tabs on in place of the current threaded ones, and then the fasteners on the fairings....pretty easy actually.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Both my kits came with black washers. I think I had to drill out the holes in the fairing but I forget it was so long ago.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts