Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2010 1198s
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a Kyle or Ducati Corse link … realize these are hard to find….

·
Registered
63 Posts
Have you checked out Foresaken link? I prefer it over the Ducshop one I had previously because it does require modification of the shock. Vere nice quality as well.

·
Registered
2010 1198s
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you checked out Foresaken link? I prefer it over the Ducshop one I had previously because it does require modification of the shock. Vere nice quality as well.
Yes, torn on that one, folks at Kyle Racing say people have trouble finding the right setup (ride height, valving etc) with that one?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes, torn on that one, folks at Kyle Racing say people have trouble finding the right setup (ride height, valving etc) with that one?
Perhaps thats true. I am just an average rider that only does a few track days so likely i am not good enough to tell the difference.

·
Court Jester
12,076 Posts
I have two forsakens one on my street bike and one on my track bike both with different rear shocks. You have to have a shorter link adjuster than most of them out there other than that I've not heard of anyone not being able to set up properly

·
Court Jester
12,076 Posts
I forgot to add with the Forsaken there is no need to modify the shock.

·
Registered
2010 1198s
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I forgot to add with the Forsaken there is no need to modify the shock.
That’s great to know. I have the sato adjuster and I think they say that one should work … may go that route after all ….

·
Registered
2010 1198s
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have two forsakens one on my street bike and one on my track bike both with different rear shocks. You have to have a shorter link adjuster than most of them out there other than that I've not heard of anyone not being able to set up properly
Sounds like you prefer that link over stock then? Stock shock or TTX or something else?

·
Registered
63 Posts
That’s great to know. I have the sato adjuster and I think they say that one should work … may go that route after all ….
Sounds like you prefer that link over stock then? Stock shock or TTX or something else?
I have the Sato link and Onlins TTX. Both work great on my 848. Coming from the stock setup where the spring was way too stiff for my dainty weight, this setup has been a revelation. No more pogoing over bumps and much more stability mid corner.

·
Registered
2010 1198s
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome … waiting for the TTX, currently the the stock “s” ohlins … sounds like the way to go then … thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Awesome … waiting for the TTX, currently the the stock “s” ohlins … sounds like the way to go then … thanks!
If you haven't purchased the TTX yet I would say first try the link with the proper spring for your weight. That may be good enough. However, removing the shock is such a pain the ass with these bikes that I wouldn't want to do it twice if I decided to indeed upgrade to a TTX.

·
Registered
2010 1198s
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ha, tell me about it …. Got the shock out right now for overhaul … real pain … but du931 TTX shocks are sold out and it will take till nov to get one … Right spring is going on now, yes …

·
Registered
63 Posts
ha, tell me about it …. Got the shock out right now for overhaul … real pain … but du931 TTX shocks are sold out and it will take till nov to get one … Right spring is going on now, yes …
View attachment 172509
LOL!!!! I love that setup. When I swapped my shock I didnt even use a ladder,. I only had my car jack under the oil sump and the pitbull stand at the back. I used straps from the rear subframe to support the swingarm as I removed the pivot pin. I am surprised my bike didnt fall over! Good luck!!!!!

·
Registered
2010 1198s
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No good way of doing it I think …. Thanks for all the pointers …

·
Court Jester
12,076 Posts
I have a Bitubo on my track bike and a stock shock on my street bike and yes the Sato is one of the ones short enough. But even with the TTX no need to modify they eyelet. Not sure I get a lot out of the link on my street bike but it's sexy as hell.

·
Court Jester
12,076 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts