Ducati.org forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is the corse link still available? If it doesn’t require shock modification and is cheaper than the foresaken link, I’m interested. Feel free to PM me depending on how badly you want to get rid of it ;)

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
lol

How bad do you want it, is the question.
It is my understanding that the Ducati Corse link is the one everyone copied. Some copies had one position, some had two..the second being for tracks like Daytona...

·
Court Jester
12,076 Posts
Is the corse link still available? If it doesn’t require shock modification and is cheaper than the foresaken link, I’m interested. Feel free to PM me depending on how badly you want to get rid of it ;)
My understanding is Forsaken is the only one that does not require modification, I could be wrong.

Reactions: 219R

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
My understanding is Forsaken is the only one that does not require modification, I could be wrong.
Not sure either, but I do remember a couple of 5 gal buckets full of "shock eyes" off Ducatis getting the link modification!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
You will need to increase the spring rate and get a shorter or adjustable ride height rod.

It is my understanding that the Ducati Corse link is the one everyone copied.
They all missed an important detail. You can mount the bolt from the right side on the Corse one.

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
You will need to increase the spring rate and get a shorter or adjustable ride height rod.

They all mist an important detail. You can mount the bolt from the right side on the Corse one.
Yep, when I switched mine on my 1098R, I went with the Ducati Corse ride height adjustable part... a very cool little unit!!

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Wheelbase, sag, and, ride height....all are related, when you messed with one, you prolly had to mess with the others!! ...😎

·
Registered
9 Posts
lol

How bad do you want it, is the question.
Touché. I’m about to drop an ohlins into a track bike, already have a Dan Kyle(I think) with ttx on my long term keeper bike, so I was thinking with the two bolt configuration, there might be able to have acceptable alignment/clearance with one of the s model ohlins.

the foresaken link was the plan, but if I can help another member avoid eBay fees, I’d rather do that.

don’t yet have the tools to dig into rear shocks, but I don’t mind experimenting with geometry/spring rate.

it’s up to you, don’t wanna lowball since I would obviously go lower than foresakens retail, so let’s move to pm and not derail the thread more.

back to topic, corse link is the same as Kyle racing other than the opposite side bolt and the two positions.

I would assume foresaken sacrifices something in making theirs a universal fit, whether it be weight, rigidity, or slightly less optimal positioning for a true linear effect, but this is just speculation, just a thought based on my weird logic.

Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Vehicle

was hooked up with this setup for my forever bike, or at least forever chassis. Don’t have a pic of the right side but it’s blank. Either my mind is playing tricks on me, or someone carefully abraded the logo off the link.

·
Registered
'01 750SS ie
47 Posts
I used the Kyle link on both my 848 and the old RC51 (both winning race bikes). One of the best mods I did to them. I did also get the adjustable rod for both as well. Highly recommend any Dan Kyle suspension work!

·
Court Jester
12,076 Posts
I would assume foresaken sacrifices something in making theirs a universal fit, whether it be weight, rigidity, or slightly less optimal positioning for a true linear effect, but this is just speculation, just a thought based on my weird logic.
You can always ask them, but this is off the site.

"
Developed and tested on our 1098R, this Ducati linear suspension link has a new and optimized geometry compared to the other links out there. The result is that there is no need to modify the shock length for the suspension to work properly.

**You will need to increase the spring rate.

**The ride height rod needs to be changed to a Sato rod to compensate for the linear travel. The Sato rods are shorter from the manufacturer and give you the right amount of adjustability. We do not modify the Sato rods so if you already have one installed on your bike, you are good to go.

**We run at 27 mm of rear sag.

• Spring Rate needs to be increased ( +3).
  • Ride height rod needs to be swapped for a Sato rod (or shorten your rod by 10mm).
  • The links are fitted with Ducati bearings and seals.
  • CNC machined in billet 6061 aluminum.
  • Clear anodized.
  • Will fit 848/1098/1198.
Bellow is a list of spring rates to use on stock links. Weight includes the gears of the rider. When upgrading to our link, you should increase the spring rate by 15.0 Nmm.

140-160 Lbs – 80.0 Nmm
160-180 Lbs – 85.0 Nmm
180-200 Lbs – 90.0 Nmm
200-220 Lbs – 95.0 Nmm
220-240 Lbs – 100 Nmm

For setup information, contact [email protected]"

I don't work for them :)

Reactions: Beauwulf58
21 - 36 of 36 Posts