Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm leaving Calgary, Alberta on my 1198S on July 25th with two other riders; one on a Apprilia Tuono, and another on a BMW GS800. We are heading through Portland Oregon, and then down the West coast to end up in Monterey California on July 27th for the Laguna Seca MotoGP race on July 29th. The trip will be aproximately 2600kms/1400miles each way. The route that we take to return to Calgary will probably be decided once we arrive at our destination. I've got a Ducati tank bag and tail bag, I am considering the purchase of a Ventura bike pack to haul my gear down. I am also considering buying the Gilles Variobar clip ons. I am looking for any suggestions that may come my way in reguards to ideas for luggage, or opinions about the Ventura bike pack as well as the Variobar clip ons. The other thing that I am looking into is a fuel bladder or container to pack, so any suggestions or experiences with theese items would be appreciated as well.

...I should add I've already tried to convince the rider or the GS800 to carry my gear with no luck.

·
Registered
12,892 Posts
The Ventura systems work great. I wish they has one built when I first got my 848 and built a luggage system for it. I'm doing the same trip but leaving from Vancouver BC. I have a pair of soft saddle bags over a frame I built out of my passenger seat but will most likely forgo that for a back pack instead.

The Variobars are ok for some adjustment but they can't be adjusted as much as one might think due to the close quarters of the Ducati fairings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts