Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very excited, just booked my flight for laguna!!!
Staying at the marriott in monterey.

anyone got any good suggestions?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Kid -- your first trip to the USGP? If so, consider taking the shuttle. Park your rental at the hotel. The line in was better last year, but it was still long -- unless you rode a bike.
Wear very cool clothes. Last year's temps were in the high 90s and low 100s. Also, a hat is a must. Sheesh I sound like my wife. I've gone the last 2 years and will be going again. Its a great time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dress for hot weather and stay hydrated. I drove a rental, but a friend of mine took the shuttle. I felt bad for them because on day 2 the temps went up to 106f. It was so hot the track started coming apart in Rainey curve.

I had a great time last year 2006 as a ticket holder in the Nicky Hayden suite. If your wondering where that suite is just look on the infield just in front of the starting line. Its was great a time thanks tothe hard work of Mr Steve Jones. I'll be on hand this year to watch Nicky handle the motogp field for a three peat. The best part was getting to meet Marco, Loris, Sete, Chris, John, Kenney Sr. & Jr., and Casey. Humble folks there to show us some amazing racing and what it takes to win in MotoGP.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys,

i went the first year but missed last year to attend the birth of my first child. it was a toss up for a little while, but i figure i have the rest of his life to resent him for making me miss the race. i have tickets to the flagroom, which is not the best place for watching but has free refreshments all day, a tent, and with it you get a reserved seat in the grandstand by turn 3 or 4. i forget which one it is technically but i am right across from the big diamondvision. i love nicky of course but i am disappointed that american fans have yet to see how truly spectacular valentino's talent is. i am going to fly into lax on tuesday and take my time getting to monterey. i guess what i am most interested in is places to stay along pch, any events going on in the week leading up to the race that would be cool. thanks for the feedback, and keep it coming!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Rossi?

thekid said:
thanks guys,

i love nicky of course but i am disappointed that american fans have yet to see how truly spectacular valentino's talent is.
The only thing wrong with Rossi is that he's not riding a Duc.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lysdexic said:
The only thing wrong with Rossi is that he's not riding a Duc.
See you are dyslexic, the only thing wrong with Ducati is that Rossi rides a Yamaha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts