Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can help. I have a 2009 Monster M1100. It has 880 miles, some may ask why? Had knee surgery shortly after buying and hard to ride with knee problem.

Anyway, bike has been stored for last 3 years. First 2 years would start every couple of weeks and occasionally take around the block. The last year the battery would no longer take a charge. I pulled battery, drained gas and covered it in the garage. Pulled bike out about a week ago, installed new battery and gas. Bike fired right up. No hesitation, no missing, no backfire, no performance issues, nothing except "check engine" light and LAMB error. This error was never there prior to storing.

Can anyone tell me what may be causing this? I know all of the obvious issues with the lambda sensor but do not feel there is anything out of spec due the performance being like brand new. I would hate to spend several hundred dollars on a new sensor and still have the same problem. Is it possible that sitting for so long with a dead battery has something to do with it? Could the ecu need reset and can it be reset?

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts