Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might have been discussed previously. But I just noticed in the thread on ECU reflashing there's a note saying the excellent chaps at Ducati Coventry stock larger capacity radiators.
Anyone installed one? Did it work in terms of the engine running cooler and did it require any major modifications to the bodywork or any other bits?
I imagine the radiator isn't cheap...

Chz

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same here. Installed the Samco hose set about a year ago. Beautifully made. Looks great in red!

·
Registered
319 Posts
for sure silicone hoses are good for our problem (with the better ones -4ºC ).... but not to all the problem... our bike needs more frsh air... a bigger radiator for sure...... good radiator coolant with high boiling point......high pressure radiator cap..... to use on circuit and to use on road... bigger radiator+bigger fans+silicone hoses+ NO city roads

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
A larger radiator will reduce coolant temperatures which is not necessarily a good thing.

The radiator, water pump flow rate and hose diameters are all sized by the Ducati coolant system engineers to achieve an engine coolant temperature of 80°C, when moving at a constant highway speed with 30°C air flowing through the radiator.

Duane Mitchell reported that he ran a series of tests to establish optimum running temp for a race bike and found that 85ºC is perfect. Over that, they lose horsepower fairly quickly (down about 15 hp at 100ºC) and below that the same (down about 6 hp at 65ºC).

·
Registered
621 Posts
Mine with mocool and samco hoses typically hit that mark of 80-85 while commuting and 72-80 while on highway,riding in mountain roads.

I`m never stuck in traffic, I ride a bike :) (and its not a desmo,but heh)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hello Jo.
You flashed the CPU by Ducati Coventry?
Original Stock CPU with race exhaust?

It is possible without dyno the desmosedici in England?

Great. Please post the performance.....after first test.

Olaf:):)

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Now the temperatures works incredible... with new hoses and without thremostat T ..... better than before.....

if yu want to use your bike only on track..... perfect without thermostat....

but in the street you can drill some holes inside it...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Now the temperatures works incredible... with new hoses and without thremostat T ..... better than before.....

if yu want to use your bike only on track..... perfect without thermostat....

but in the street you can drill some holes inside it...
Josema--- how long to warm up to 80-90C on the track? What temperature does it maintain on the track-- at what air temperature?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Markt, i will do my frist test on March in Motorland Aragon Motogp circuit... but for sure i will need to cover partially the radiator......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.