Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started getting a grabby launch in 1st again and figured it was time to shuffle the clutch stack and lithium grease the plates. So I started to pull the slipper clutch apart and at the last friction plate at the bottom of the basket, it was broken in 3 pieces. They were all on the grooves but noticeably cracked more like at 9 o'clock, 11 and 1 o'clock.

So I searched and found nothing that provided an explanation why that friction plate would break apart. Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone have a (or a couple of) spare friction plate(s) for a slipper clutch lying around? I'll buy it off you & pay for shipping :)

I plan on getting the citta corsa clutch plates but want to ride it while it still is nice weather....

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Yep, that's what happens when the light-weight aluminum disks overheat. It's a common problem, I use to shatter disks all the time on my race bike until I found disks that simply wouldn't shatter. It took a while and unfortunately the disks I used are not available anymore. But yea, I have seen it many times and its pretty normal. I would buy a new clutch pack… give the guys at Motowheels a call and see what they have.

I have a lot of clutch plates, send me a pix of what you got and I'll see if I can match it.

·
Official Site Vendor
1,032 Posts
Hey NC, if you need the plate kit, I have a set in stock. No need to call any other stores. ;)

Make sure when in the cart, use your forum member discount code DUCORG10 for 10% off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See the top left is broken in 3 pieces

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts