Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Valencia, here we go!

I'm predicting both Rossi and Lorenzo will give everything they got for this one! Then again, Rossi just needs to stay behind Lorenzo, and he'll finish 2nd no matter where they're at in the race, so technically he doesn't have to dice it out.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Should be an exciting MotoGP race. See if Rossi can satay with the boys and have a nice battle?
Even if he is not dependent on such a thing? I hope to see it.

The Moto3 race?
Now THAT, is going to be a good one..

Reactions: rubbish

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Rub, did you pick Rossi? Results of Q2....

1 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 323.4 1'30.843
2 29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 329.8 1'30.975 0.132 / 0.132
3 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 330.2 1'30.999 0.156 / 0.024
4 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 324.1 1'31.049 0.206 / 0.050
5 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 328.6 1'31.144 0.301 / 0.095
6 44 Pol ESPARGARO SPA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 328.4 1'31.307 0.464 / 0.163
7 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 324.9 1'31.324 0.481 / 0.017
8 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Ducati Team Ducati 332.4 1'31.359 0.516 / 0.035
9 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 329.3 1'31.426 0.583 / 0.067
10 6 Stefan BRADL GER LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 328.4 1'31.443 0.600 / 0.017
11 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA NGM Forward Racing Forward Yamaha 318.7 1'31.486 0.643 / 0.043
12 51 Michele PIRRO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 326.6 1'32.617 1.774 / 1.131

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone notice Lorenzo getting kicked out of park ferme? lol...he must've thought he was in 3rd because Pedrosa took his spot right at the end. You can see it briefly, someone pushing his bike with him on it backwards out of park ferme lol....i don't know why I found that to be so amusing lol

Reactions: WERA689

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Anyone notice Lorenzo getting kicked out of park ferme? lol...he must've thought he was in 3rd because Pedrosa took his spot right at the end. You can see it briefly, someone pushing his bike with him on it backwards out of park ferme lol....i don't know why I found that to be so amusing lol
When he last looked it was still him then Pedrosa clocked in. The announcers didn't say anything about it.

Did you guys watch Marquez post crash reaction while he was walking towards his bike? Made me giggle.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Rossi looked REALLY happy with that qualifying and bravo for him. He's struggled with one-lap setup for years now and to pip ALL the Spaniards at their home track, quite impressive!

Moto3 is going to be ridiculous, off the chart, absolutely insane. I'm really concerned that one of the two championship contenders will crash out early on in the race. Miller is so high strung and head strong, he may force the issue early on. I just hope it's a clean fight like the final two superbike races last weekend, without too much drama, let the best man win. If that winds up being the case, Marquez is in the prime position for success.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I must say I'm starting to be less and less of a Miller fan. He really does ride like a jackass, as shown in the last couple of races. Glad to see history being made with the first time ever 2 brothers are GP champions AND they did it in the same year! Mr. Marquez must be very proud!

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Mr Marquez does not have time to be proud. Immediately post race, Dorna thugs blindfolded him and put him into a horse-box destined for an unknown human stud farm as part of the Repsol contract ;)

That, my friend, is hilarious!!!!
Prolly not far from the truth!!!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Moto 2 race was interesting up until the end! Rabat ran a perfect race and then the bike bogged down out of the last turn! lol

Well done Marc! Great ride, another record broken!

Well done Rossi for a great season and comeback. Proved me and a lot of people wrong, that he still has it in him and can be competitive even now!

Overall I think this season was absolutely fantastic! Bring on 2015...hope it's going to be just as good.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I must say I'm starting to be less and less of a Miller fan. He really does ride like a jackass, as shown in the last couple of races. Glad to see history being made with the first time ever 2 brothers are GP champions AND they did it in the same year! Mr. Marquez must be very proud!
I was kind of thinking the same thing, to be honest.
I do not mind watching him race aggressively, but man oh man.. Jack is not good at swallowing it when others give him a taste of his own medicine. Not good about it at all.

Even in the post race interview, I get it that it is a little too soon to throw a mic. in the face of a young guy.. Fresh off a victory that matters not.. And listening to the Spamish Family's music and cheers in the background. I just found it funny that Jack went on to say that
"I did the best I could all year, and only lost due to what happened @ Aragon.. Which was not my fault.. but I don't want to get in to that.. So?"

I laughed.. Really?
Let us not remember Mugello where Jack made a stupid decision and took out Alex M. & Elea B..
Let us not remember when Jack crashed out of the lead on Assen..

Yes, Jack.. you're correct.. You never made a mistake, nor did Alex beat you on occasion. Oh wait?

A kid Jack is, but my goodness does he come off as a spoiled brat full of denial when reflecting upon the similarities between his own actions and the aggresive actions of others. Not much of a difference in my eyes.
Today may be the closest that Jack gets to a title for a very long time.

A very good race it was.. Exciting to the end.

Reactions: WERA689 and rubbish

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^ yep exactly! He really makes Rea look like a shy rider lol. I like to see some aggressive riding every now and then, but when every single pass he makes on Marquez he pushes him wide, it's starting to get rather annoying. If you can't make a clean pass, then rethink your strategy. And like you said, he really didn't show any sportsmanship during the interview.

He's going to crash so much next year in MotoGP....calling it right now.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
He's going to crash so much next year in MotoGP....calling it right now.
Well, most do..
Kind of expected for those that go at it aggressivley with a smile.
That new HEC customer bike has an extra 35bhp as well for next year..

Was good fun watching Crazy Joe up there for a bit..
Healing up and giving it a good go at it.
Dovi and Cal traded paint a few times.

Looking forward to the tests.. With a keen eye on Redding, Aliex, and Miller to how they are doing by Wedneday.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Yep, Jack Miller unfortunately will never be the next Casey Stoner as we had all hoped for.

I was absolutely shocked in disbelief with his post-race attitude. He won the fucking race and he acted as if he was pushed off the track by someone and DNF'd! All year I laughed at his "jackass" pit board because I know the KTM team were simply being silly, but sunday he really was a jackass. Did you see right after he crossed the finish line, someone rolled up next to him to shake his hand and he gave them the "riders middle finger" which is pretty much throwing one's arm in the air in anger?

Worst part is, Miller's wearing thin and his antics won't work in MotoGP, he simply isn't talented enough. I have a suspicion after a year or two of crashing, his contracts will be torn up and he'll be lucky to get a ride in Moto2.

I for one am SOOOOO glad Marquez won the championship. I can't friggen' wait to see him in Moto2 and how he deals with sliding the bike around. If he can win the championship in his first season in Moto2, Marc Marquez better keep winning championships because Alex isn't too far behind! LOL :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
I don't think many of us (any of us?) know how Miller will go in MotoGP.

2005 was Stoner's last year in the 250 GP class. Before the 2005 PI race, he was behind Pedrosa in the points but still with some chance in the championship. I remember Stoner trying to out-psych Pedrosa in the lead-up to the PI race; he failed, crashed in the race and Pedrosa was able to clinch the championship at PI.

Stoner went to MotoGP the next year and crashed a lot but was MotoGP World Champion by 2007 and retired a two-time champion.

In 2005 I was not favourably impressed by Stoner's attitude at PI. Miller's antics might not win him many friends but perhaps he just has the same fierce determination and hunger needed to succeed at the top level. Time will tell.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Right on, we don't know how Jack will do.

In other news… Alex got a chance to ride Marc's bike today! WOW how cool is that! Think Honda wants him on the team in 2 years or what!?!!

motogp.com · Latest Videos

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.