Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All leathers and brands fit differently from what I've read, so anyone have any experience with leathers that would accomodate a wide shoulder/skinny waist/big thighs kind of guy? Finding clothes that fit me has always been a PITA -- if it's big enough for my shoulders, it's a tent around my waist; if the pants fit my waist, they're painted on my thighs.

I definitely want to find something off the shelf if possible, as the cost of bespoke/custom leathers is more than I care to spend right now. Are two-piece suits my only option to even get close?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bespoke is not a brand as far as I know, it's just the word for custom-tailored suits. With that said, maybe it is a brand? I've heard that custom leathers run $1500 plus.

I just looked up Dainese sizing, as I've heard their sizes are pretty accomodating due to the elastic inserts they use in their suits. A size 56 EU/46 US has a 39" waist! No way that will fit me, my waist is about 30".

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wear a size 46 jacket, 30" waist, 25" thighs, and 32" inseam.

·
Registered
81 Posts
@aftriathlete, I share your pain.
From my experience Alpinestars fits across the shoulders better than Dainese but I've always loved Dainese styling.
I'm a bit over 5'9" and +90kg or about 200lbs with a 30" waist and I had to get a 52 in my Dainese Avro jacket otherwise it was ridiculous around the waist. It definitely stretched over the first weeks of wearing it but the key area, which you touched upon, is the stretch panelling. Without that there was no way it was gonna fit.

Friends always have a bit of a chuckle when I'm peeling myself out of my jacket but it's a 'comfortable tight' with the stretch panels on the inside of the arms and around the lat area working their magic. Try the Dainese's with the stretch panelling and see how ya go.

Also agree with gunther19820 about the 2 piece. I think you would def be mix/matching the pants with the jacket.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man you've even stockier than I am! I tip the scales at about 190 and 5'10. So in your experience both A* and Dainese are viable options for fit -- thanks for the info! I will definitely plan on ordering down a size, like a 54 or possibly even a 52 EU.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Look at the RS Taichi leathers.

I am a broad chest/shoulders, the RS GMX fits me great, and pulls back in nicely for my core.
I have a 33" waist ( i am trying to get back to a 32"... dont judge) with a 34" inseam, and RS offers a bunch of different sizes in the pants

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:wtf: $95,000?! Why would... who on earth... that jacket isn't even...

Reactions: RPMaroon

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Look into Ricondi. They are awesome custom tailored kangaroo suits/jackets, but at an affordable price for what it is; a quality custom roo suit.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I am a body builder too, some guys concentrate on their chest, arms or even glutes. I build my belly with my favorite beer and bacone=) kidding aside i am
Having a custom fit racing suit by dainese.

Reactions: rubbish

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wont say I have a body-builder build but I do lift quite a bit. I ordered the Dianese Trickster which is a roo suit and more than you probably want to spend but the stretch in that suit is amazing. It was tight with out a chest protector and back protector but I was able to still add them in and it was still very comfortable. I have never worn a suit that stretches and moves like the Dianese. I am 5'10" about 185lbs 32" waist cant remember shoulders and ordered the 54. The W frame Dianese suits are suppose to be more for wider shoulders as well. Good luck.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Always had the same issue, especially in the arms.
Finally found that RS Taichi fit me well enough in all areas. Check em out.

RACING WEAR / RS TAICHI

Same here: tried dainese (tent around the stomach), alpinestar (super tight in the leg area), revit (crushed my balls when not fully tucked)... Ended up ordering an rs taichi from stg. Fit like a glove, crashes well. Nothing to complain about.

5'11, 175 to 180lbs in decent shape.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Seriously??
Now THAT means a lot to hear it from another member man! Thanks.
Actually have one of their street jackets too which is the BEST Ive ever owned.
Same here, got it from STG few years ago - The GMX Motion which is unreal.

RS Taichi GMX-Motion Jacket - RSJ825 White/Red from SportbikeTrackGear.com

Blablac- do you happen to remember a sales rep there named JD?
I have terrible memory for names, but always got incredible service from these guys.

... checked my email - last person I dealt with was Phil - great guy :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts