Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
fitted the Ducati performance indicators to my 821, they look great and are about half the size of the standard ones. Absolute bugger to fit, rear ones took 20 minutes, fronts took about 2 hours and lots of swearing. You have to cover the rubber part in fairy liquid to get it to fit into the trim around the headlight.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There were no clamps on my bike, the UK bikes have the front indicators mounted on the head light rim, they have a bolt that goes into the indicator, the led versions are rubber and push into the hole in the rim, it's a very tight fit and not an easy job.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tail tidy is r&g, good quality item but instructions were rubbish. They tell you to route the wiring down one side but you can remove the rear light and route the wires underneath it

·
Registered
2 Posts
sorry noob q.

how do you remove the headlight?

i have got the LED lights, but i couldnt locate which nut to loosen the headlight.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The head light is easy to remove, two 10mm nuts just near the bottom yoke at the back of the head light, you also need to remove the speedo/display, the plastic trim uncles and there is Allen screws underneth

·
Registered
2 Posts
The head light is easy to remove, two 10mm nuts just near the bottom yoke at the back of the head light, you also need to remove the speedo/display, the plastic trim uncles and there is Allen screws underneth
is it necessary to remove the speedo display unit ?

i just need to tilt the headlight and access the wiring.
didn't want to adjust anything that is not necessary to prevent loose connection.

·
Registered
9 Posts
fitted the Ducati performance indicators to my 821, they look great and are about half the size of the standard ones. Absolute bugger to fit, rear ones took 20 minutes, fronts took about 2 hours and lots of swearing. You have to cover the rubber part in fairy liquid to get it to fit into the trim around the headlight.
Do you need any resistors with ducati's led indicators?
How did the mounting of the indicators work on the tail tidy? Did you need any extra parts to mount them?
I'm thinking of buying the same tidy...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts