Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a source for the carbon guard for the Leo Vince Corsa system for the 1098R? Sort of like the attached picture. Not the skinny single sausage guard for the standard Leo systems, but the Corsa.

Thanks!
Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
WOW never seen a guard like that. I've had two Leo Vince Corse exhausts and never seen that.

If you have the assembly manual, it has a part number included within. That may help you track one down if you e-mail them directly. Unfortunately, their US headquarters shut down not long ago, so they don't have someone here you can talk to from what I understand.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Here are a couple more pics that I could find from the interweb... what Corsa exhaust for a 1098R/1198 did you have?
I personally had them on my 749R and 848. But also installed one on a friends 1198 a few months ago. He got the exhaust used on ebay, but it was the real deal 70mm corse exhaust. The difference is the header diameter, I believe it's 63 or 64mm's, something like that. Damn thing didn't come with a protector OR provisions to mount one! Looked just like this:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I personally had them on my 749R and 848.
I believe that's totally irrelevant.

But also installed one on a friends 1198 a few months ago. He got the exhaust used on ebay, but it was the real deal 70mm corse exhaust.
Very interesting... I'd like to see a link to the e-bay auction as I haven't seen one there for a while.

The difference is the header diameter, I believe it's 63 or 64mm's, something like that.
63 or 64??? Perhaps we should review your definition of a header, the ID is 58mm, and practically every dimension is different about the Corsa exhaust.

I'm struggling to understand why you post all of this, it's not to help out as this is all incorrect or irrelevant information.

I would like to know where to find a suitable guard that fits, I'm annoyed by the social hour to bullsheet around... it's not humorous and not especially entertaining, would it be OK with you if I asked not to post into any thread where I ask a question please? I would really like that. :)

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I would like to know where to find a suitable guard that fits, I'm annoyed by the social hour to bullsheet around... it's not humorous and not especially entertaining, would it be OK with you if I asked not to post into any thread where I ask a question please? I would really like that. :)
Hey now, you asked me a question, I answered it.

Clearly the exhaust I was working with was a real corse exhaust and maybe not the same as the public release version. I have no idea where he got it from, he said ebay, but maybe he was lying. I measured the crap out of it because I wanted to know the numbers and nothing on the exhaust was 57mm. For gosh sakes, my 749R corse exhaust had 57mm headers!!!!

So anyway, sorry for the confusion. It's clear you don't need any help.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm not sure but wouldn't the RS bikes shown in the pictures attached be running the real deal corsa system rather than the standard consumer version ? It seems you are uncertain about the exhaust your friend has but you are certain it's the real deal corsa . I'm having trouble with that

Hey now, you asked me a question, I answered it.

Clearly the exhaust I was working with was a real corse exhaust and maybe not the same as the public release version. I have no idea where he got it from, he said ebay, but maybe he was lying. I measured the crap out of it because I wanted to know the numbers and nothing on the exhaust was 57mm. For gosh sakes, my 749R corse exhaust had 57mm headers!!!!

So anyway, sorry for the confusion. It's clear you don't need any help.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I'm not sure but wouldn't the RS bikes shown in the pictures attached be running the real deal corsa system rather than the standard consumer version ? It seems you are uncertain about the exhaust your friend has but you are certain it's the real deal corsa . I'm having trouble with that
Ohh I have no idea where he got it from. He could have lied and made it in his basement. It says Leo Vince on the side, it looks identical to the picture I posted as well with NO brackets for that carbon fiber cover. I was merely responding to the OP's question about my comment. I know nothing else.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ok just so I understand when you said " clearly the exhaust I was working with was a real corsa exhaust" ...... You used the word "clearly". Suggesting you are in the know about this system when in fact you just admitted you are not.......if Carlos checas bike used the exhaust which has the shield and is clearly titanium don't you think that would be the "real deal corsa"? How can you not make these conclusions yourself being the supposed self proclaimed expert on these things?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Part number of the Corsa system from LeoVince is: 8206

The part # of the carbon cover is: 088206001

the first bike pictured in the thread is my 848 with custom made flanges to make the system fit the 848/1098 exhaust port, the system was only made for the 1098R/1198 series bike.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts