Ducati.org forum banner

241 - 260 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
My 998. Full carbon fiber body. Working on suspension upgrades these days!

Attachments

Reactions: Disqo

·
Registered
4 Posts
996 in recovery, ICU step down unit

new to me, 2000 996 originally mono, now bi. Sorting out mech issues and poorly done mods, no upgrades planned, just a good cheap once over, freshen up wear parts and ride her. Pics of her at her new home in the "bike cave", taking her turn on the operating table for pre op diagnosis and lastly going back together minus a few "environmentally friendly" but unnecessary parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
We were just up there in February for the 500 we will be back next year and I MAY be able to talk her into riding the bike up. I doubt it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
my 02 998

modded as follows
848 swing arm
1098 custom fitted exhaust
OZ rims
my old 748 fairings
dual larger fans
Full Ohlins suspension
996R cams
and too much more to list

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Will start racing my 916 in the pre '95 Class in Oct. What are the best upgrades/improvements that are in keeping with period?
regards
Phil

light weight rims help a lot. have a set of Marvic magnesium rim with new gold powder coating for $1500 + shipping if interested.

anything you can do to loose wieght helps significantly over engine modification initially. i found that my 998 rotors weigh about 1 pound or so less then my 748/916 rotors, big plus for handling and braking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks Gary, I'll be trying to loose as much excess weight of her as possible, particularly lights and non essential electrical wiring. Probably get a lithium ion battery as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
1999 748

15 years ago it started with a748s.
Done Some changes over the years.
916 modified engine
Termignoni Exhaust with 748-848-1098 parts
848 front fork with radial brakes
848 rear Swingarm with Öhlins shock
Multistrada rear wheel
1098 front wheel