Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damned if I can structure a query on Google to find what I'm looking for but basically what do you guys use to lubricate the actuator pin in the rubber boot that actually engages the master cylinder piston? I got these ducabike levers and that pin is squeaking. I'm guessing a silicone lube but I'm not sure. Was using belray waterproof grease on the pivot pin and surrounding area too but think I'll switch to lithium grease while I have it apart again because it wasn't very smooth.. Also where can I get a replacement rubber boot for the MC? The one on my clutch below is beginning to split. Tanks...

Auto part Machine Metal

Side note on the levers, don't bother with the more expensive adjustable pivot point version if you want the ducabikes. No matter how you adjust that mechanism if it's not tightened all the way up, the tolerances around the block are so loose you just wind up buckling it every time the lever is squeezed and it pops inwards. It's the price between my thumb and pointer below. Kind of shit... Oh well, maybe it's just my set but it doesn't really make much of a difference where you set it anyway for street riding I guess.

Arm Hand Auto part Machine

·
Registered
151 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts