Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't believe it when I got out if work and saw my bike. Someone really stripped my levers,bar ends and all of the dzus from the left side. There is cameras in the parking lot but they were blocked by suvs parked next to my bike. I was putting it in the wharehouse where I work but it's been so packed with deliveries and with a new fork lift operator I took my chances outside which didn't work out to well. Luckily I still had the oem levers and some dzus I had swapped out earlier this year cause the paint was chipping so i was able to ride it home.
So I'm out a set of motowheels foldable levers and motivation bar ends. I think I'm going back with the same levers but even with the motivation bad ends my index finger and my thumb become numb fairly quick. I broke my wrist 2 years ago couple of pins couple screws and a solid year of gaining back hand strength and I can ride my bike again. My hands never went numb before the brake and it doesn't happen on bikes with less vibration. Anybody have any suggestions on better bar ends (if there are any) or if any clip ons Can help me.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
WTF !!!!!

How long was it left unattended there Duk? Any security camera footage obtained anywhere?
That is total BS man and Im really sorry to hear this. If you need any help getting new gear shoot me a PM and we can discus some options my friend! Reading this pisses me off!! :(

·
Registered
566 Posts
Really sorry to hear that Duk, that's pretty low. Thieves are pitiful. As far as your bar end issue goes, I really really like the Rhino bar ends. They've got good weight and they're tough as nails.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. It was there for about 8 hours. It was parked in front of a Sullivan tire that's in the same lot as my work. All the guys there know me and my bike and every single one of them was shocked that it had happened and nobody noticed. I was shocked that somebody would even try something like this mid day in a fairly busy parking lot. I took my bike out with the little plastic oem ends and I was barely down the street before I couldn't feel my hand anymore. Having these parts stolen and my hand problems is making me think about getting rid of the bike. At this point I don't care about adding extra weight if it helps.

·
Official Site Vendor
1,032 Posts
That royally blows brother. Find them, skin them!
:BoomSmilie_anim::kaioken:

I wonder if the bars had a different pitch on them to straighten out your wrist a bit more, maybe the nerves wouldn't be pinched with the carpal tunnel as much, causing the numbness. Add the weighted ends and you may have a viable option.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out.

·
Court Jester
11,826 Posts
so wrong, I'm sorry :(

·
Registered
12,892 Posts
This totally blows. I have a pair of bar ends to donate if you want to pay for shipping. They are aluminum LighTech. Probably $15.00 should do it if you want them.

·
Registered
902 Posts
^^ Good guy here. Its unreal how someone could do something like this knowing that they are going to RUIN your day and cost you a lot of money. such scum bags.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This totally blows. I have a pair of bar ends to donate if you want to pay for shipping. They are aluminum LighTech. Probably $15.00 should do it if you want them.
Your the man [email protected] but I'm all set now. I purchased another set of the motivation ends. Second pair i have purchased in 3 months. Bday was on sun (turned 30) and I was given a couple cards with scratch tickets ended up winning $500 So that lessened the blow a little bit. Although I'm thinking the source of my hand problems is coming from my ricondi gloves. I Was given a set of rs taichi gloves and the numbness wasn't a problem on a 3 hour ride.

·
Registered
12,892 Posts
Glad you got new ones. Length of finger on a glove can be crucial to keeping the hands from falling asleep. I have long fingers but small hands so I end up getting one size larger than needed cause I know that my fingers will go to sleep on longer rides if I fit them proper to my hand. I finally found a brand of glove that seems to cater to my fingers.

That being said......I do have to watch the length of my finger nails. I got a pair of Spidi gloves and with short nails all is fine but after a week my fingers start to fall asleep on longer rides due t my finger nail length. Cut em short and all is well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts