Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about replacing the stock levers on my 848 EVO and came across these 2 sets of levers for 848 EVO and was wondering if anyone had any experience with these:

1) POWTEC PT-045 Adjustable short Brake and Clutch Levers for DUCATI 848 /EVO-Black

POWTEC PT-045 Adjustable short Brake and Clutch Levers for DUCATI 848 /EVO-Black : Amazon.com : Automotive

2) Ducati - Shorty Levers - No Logo - Adjustable Levers dot Com

I know these are cheaper than the Ducati or other Italian equivalent levers.

In advance, thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
318 Posts
It's a Chinese CRG knock off. They will likely work just fine, but the finish will fade in a matter of days in the sun and the pivot hole will likely wallow out quickly leaving a wobbly lever.

Check out the levers from podium racing. I've put them on 3 bikes so far and have been pleased.

I'm also putting CRG RC2's on my 848

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's a Chinese CRG knock off. They will likely work just fine, but the finish will fade in a matter of days in the sun and the pivot hole will likely wallow out quickly leaving a wobbly lever.

Check out the levers from podium racing. I've put them on 3 bikes so far and have been pleased.

I'm also putting CRG RC2's on my 848

I guess u get what u pay for. Going with CRG then [edit - dont like the CRG logo on them...]... maybe Pazzo or Rizoma (if I save enough moola ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Ducati.org Forum

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
oh, this is nice. How much were they?
He's a forum sponsor. Always running specials. Go to the podium racing section and check em out.

·
Registered
318 Posts
You really should go to your dealer and check out what is on the bikes in the service department. Moto wheels and Podium sets are great and support the site sponsors, but it really comes down to what fits your hand best. If it happens to be one of those great, but if it happens to be a set of CRG's or even Ducabike, it really boils down to how much do you value the ability to have the right feel and control on your bike. As far as rizoma stuff is concerned- in my experience you are paying for aesthetics (and the name) more than functionality and durability.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You really should go to your dealer and check out what is on the bikes in the service department. Moto wheels and Podium sets are great and support the site sponsors, but it really comes down to what fits your hand best. If it happens to be one of those great, but if it happens to be a set of CRG's or even Ducabike, it really boils down to how much do you value the ability to have the right feel and control on your bike. As far as rizoma stuff is concerned- in my experience you are paying for aesthetics (and the name) more than functionality and durability.

I understand.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Rizoma make a great product but not so much for how much they cost. I've used the cheap knock-off levers and as has already been mentioned, the finish faded a bit over a season but the bushing wore right out. Luckily I have spares. I've run CRG, Pazzo, Mad Duc and LighTech on my 848. It has tons of mileage on it so being able to change the bushings is important. The Mad Duc and LighTech use the same bushings and have the same feel and are folding. Not sure if the Mad Duc are still available as I haven't heard anything from the company for a few years and I've had the levers since 2009.

·
Registered
132 Posts
This. Local dealer had a set of Pazzo full length installed on a streetfighter. That is what sold me. They felt great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts