Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do we get lightweight batteries in Australia? The one in my 1098 is toast so I'd like to buy local if I can.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I got mine from Motowheels, it takes about 1 week from the US but be warned the LiPo don't like the cold weather start ups

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a Shorai from Shorai Power for my 93 900SS but I went with the heavy original Yuasa for the monster.

Shorai advertise in AMCN and is probably a bit more expensive but it worked for me. Here in Tas I haven't had trouble with cold day starts (no choke and FCR carbs) yet but if the bike starts first up you should be fine. The second and third tries would be the killer.

·
Banned
42 Posts
I use SSB Powersport Ultralite Lithium Battery which are Australian made you can get them of Ebay or their Website for around $160 ,In my opinion I believe they are better then the Shoria Battery and alot better then the standard house brick that comes standard
Check the website for the finer details

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I bought mine from Peter Stevens .

·
Registered
74 Posts
+1 on the SSB from Hollyhock batteries, he took a bit off the price without me asking since I picked it up but that's not really an option for you.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Where do we get lightweight batteries in Australia? The one in my 1098 is toast so I'd like to buy local if I can.
I bought two (shorai) one for my panigale and one for my husaberg from the importer at coffs harbour
about the same price as importing from us and you get in 2 days

they advertise in AMCN

1 - 12 of 12 Posts