Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have my Duc in Kuwait! I just hope the hot weather wont stop me from riding my 1098s!

It can get up to 51 C in the summer which is pretty damn hot! What kills isn't the sun, its the damn hot wind that kills you!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I spent a year there before the Gulf War. I remember it that wind well. We stayed at the Kuwait Regency Palace hotel, right on the Gulf. I don't know if it is still there or if it was destroyed during the war. We used to get ground floor rooms and sit on the patio at night, drink Gin and tonic (the gin was smuggled in), smoke cigars and play chess. It was the best job I ever had.

CAG

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CAG! Damn man! The Regency is still around! hehehe! Its not what it used to be but alcohol is still smuggled into the country but things are picking up here.

Riding in Kuwait takes a lot of tactical skill to assume who wants to hit you today!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But riding in the heat is another killer!!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Unless things have changed some, the fine sand that is all over the road and gets into everything must be a challenge as well.

CAG

·
Registered
65 Posts
Man I don’t know how you can ride there, I spent six months last year in Jabriya while working on Arifjan. But riding a Duc down gulf road racing all the lambos etc was fun... watch out for the cameras. I still miss all the hot chicks at shark mall, Afghanistan is not the place for a single guy :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aviddigi: I live in Mishref so I get easy access to the see, and I avoid the 5th ring road!

Shark mall! looool! Your right it is fun as hell beating all those exotic cars in this beautiful Duc!

·
Registered
65 Posts
You are braver then I, 5th ring is a war zone of its own :) I'm sure you get some attention at TGI Fridays or the hard rock. Do you take it on Arifjan? Be careful and have fun!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't stop at Fridays or Hard rock! Never been to hard rock and last time I was at Fridays was almost 10 years ago now! hehehe!

I'm not allowed into Arifjan! I'm Kuwaiti! hehehe! I have a few american friends there who come out every blue moon!

5th ring road is insane though, but you learn to grow some major balls! And tactical riding!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Where were you when i was there : ) I didnt start enjoying my time until i started going out with kuwaitis. I still have a lot of friends there and stop by when i can get a flight in. If i see a red ducati flying down the road i will know it is

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah! If you come over here again shoot me a pm! We can ride when no maniacs are on the road!

I think when you were here I was in Cali! hahaha!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey ZooQ,

I might be coming to Kuwait for a days layover next week, is bike kit cheaper than the rest of the world cos I need some new race boots......

Hows the hot weather riding going? all we get is rain in the uk

·
Registered
1 Posts
used to live in Kuwait. been there 17 (seventeen) years. seen my share of crashes and mishaps on the gulf road. seen bikers with no helmets, guys in full leather racing suits with no gloves or boots, and no helmets racing like crazy. Police? yeah right !! hot would be an understatement. you simply bake.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Stay in Qatar, and I agree the heat can give you a serious sweat! A group of us are riding Friday mornings, and as all Arabs are, they ride with a "No Fear Attitude". If you wanna keep up, you have to be averaging at 170km/h!

Its a crazy bunch!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not a Duc rider but am here in Kuwait

Im not a Duc rider but I love the bikes. My brother-n-law has a 91 900ss Superlight in Germany that I used to ride when ever I visited. I live here in Kuwait, in Mangof and own a 07 Kawasaki ZX-14. I am looking for other riders here in Kuwait regardless of what they ride to hang out with. I hope to own my own Duc as my next bike. I will not part with my 14 either though. If anyone here wants to contact me, my number is 513-8620.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts