Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what the 1098 is like in terms of exhaust and engine heat. After going through a 37 degree day on the weekend I would like to know how well done certain parts of my anatomy may become.

Have ridden a 748 during winter and noticed it a bit. The Triumph 675 with the arrow under seat exhaust was not that bad with a bit of heat on the thighs if I was at high revs.

On my previous Triumph 955i it was not that bad but the fairing did a nice job of channelling the heat nicely onto my chest and into my helmet in traffic. Great in winter

·
Registered
161 Posts
Well I guess only on of the guys who has one can answer... I have a 1000RR with Arrow Full GP Exaust and also had a 600RR with Two Brothers exaust, none of them made me a warm butt... And I'd assume that Ducati put enought heatshield in between.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I thought that the heat issue was gone now that they went back to twin cans??

·
Registered
134 Posts
The heat from the rear isn't a problem. The heat from the fairing side vents is noticeable, but really only at slow suburban speeds. But, it was 39C here on the weekend in the city and when I pulled up at some lights in my leathers, it was roasting!

·
Registered
305 Posts
I agree I picked my 1098S up from Gold Coast Ducati in Qld today. 33C degrees outside. Once hit some slow moving traffic my legs were roasting !!!

Also I find my hands (in gloves) get trapped by the fairing at slow manouvering at full lock

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bikes do run hot during run in. Remmeber you running different oil for the first 1000 km

On the Triumphs I was told they have a seperate run-in tune which they replace at first service.

Getting cooked was one of the reasons I switched to a naked for a year and bit.

I think thats why the R1 design is so smart. The fairing is cut up giving you the sportsbike look and a bit more air-flow over the hot bits

·
Registered
337 Posts
Well, I'm still waiting for mine to come in -- but I can't imagine it will be any worse than my old RC 51! That bike was a lot of fun, but it was really hot. Sit at a long light and you'd have to shut off to keep from cooking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts