Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had an issue with installing the Leo Vince pipes and the engine light staying on & the pipes getting really quite hot.
Any ideas on insulating under the seat????
Anyone have a success story out there?????
:mad:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Insulating under the seat.

I've used this material made for racing applications.
The underside is metalized.

Used it under the seat, under the rear compartment,
and to seal up the rear compartment.

Heat still comes out the side of the bike onto my legs,
but the insulated areas are cooler.

All of it quite hidden with the seat, side panels & tail section on.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
What is the code from the engine light? I get a code(23.5) because of the exhaust valve servo. i have tried the fixes and a part from LV but still get the code. it doesn't affect the bike but the light is annoying. it usually comes on if i am holding constant throttle at around 4000rpm.

mine are ceramic coated and i have a self adhesive silver insulation stuck on the bottom of my seat and side pannels that i got from summit racing. They still put off heat but it is not too much of a problem except on my right calf. i think this is because the heat shield is too small.
I definatly recommend the ceramic coating.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the help??? JL where did you get the coating done at?? What was the cost???
I also think a bigger heat shield might work.
Just stepped of the bike and after only a short ride the engine pipe is glowing red is that the same on yours????

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks for all the help??? JL where did you get the coating done at?? What was the cost???
I also think a bigger heat shield might work.
Just stepped of the bike and after only a short ride the engine pipe is glowing red is that the same on yours????
Performance coatings did mine and it turned out great. i think it was around $180. you can goto the dealer to have the codes erased but the one for the exhaust valve servo comes back. i just ignore it now and check to make sure that is the only code.
mine do not glow red b/c of the coating. it would have to get pretty hot to make ceramic glow.(ie F1 car)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts