1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I have one that looks the same, except it's red so not exactly the same.
I pulled out every bolt on a pivot point and replaced them with bolts that were not threaded all the way to the head, so the thread did not cut into the pivot point. Also grease the bolts and pivot points.
I also removed the table and pulled the train wheels off and packed them out so they sit further into the tracks.
Loctite every nut & bolt.
I have used it a bit on both my dirt and road bikes and am very happy with it.
Makes life a lot easier working on the bike.
This stand and the Bursig mounted on it is shit hot for working on the rear end on the Ducati.
Think I paid $350 for mine and have had it for a couple of years now.
I'm happy with mine and do not regret buying it.

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Starman.. they are some great tips.. Would not have thought about the bolts. Not sure on the rail thing..
does the bike hang over the back and will the rear stand fit on it? How secure is the front and do you need to ratchet it down if you donr rear stand it?

I know I will sort out these things once I decide and buy it.

really liked the aluminium version.. but not for 800 plus delivery..

delivered craig.. about 70 bucks I guess.. to Brissie. UH OH.. about 143 freight.. my mistake.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Wheel does not hang over the end of the stand.
Greasing the bolts makes it a lot easier to lift the bike as well
I think it's a must to tie down the bike.
I don't have a pic of the bike on the Bursig lift on the lift table but it makes working on the bike
easy. The Bursig lifts both wheels off the the floor and the lift table gets the bike up to work height.
Aluminium would be good cause the steel one is heavy but once it's unpacked it rolls around the garage floor so not a big deal really.
I'll see if I can get a pic of the train wheels in the rail.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Freight to Tamworth is $142 but need a forklift to unload. Might borrow a trailer and pick up myself.

The air operated one out of Melbourne was $189 freight so getting to be an expensive luxury.

Craig

·
Registered
632 Posts
Starman.. they are some great tips.. Would not have thought about the bolts. Not sure on the rail thing..
does the bike hang over the back and will the rear stand fit on it? How secure is the front and do you need to ratchet it down if you donr rear stand it?

I know I will sort out these things once I decide and buy it.

really liked the aluminium version.. but not for 800 plus delivery..

delivered craig.. about 70 bucks I guess.. to Brissie.
Where's the aluminium one?

Has anyone ever made a wooden workbench?

It might be a cheaper alternative?

Craig

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
You should not need a fork lift to get it off but it is heavy.
If you have a mate to help you, you should be okay.
I got mine off the ute on my own but fuck me it was a heavy fucker.
Think I may have used a block and tackle, can't remember.

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't see a safety mech. some way to lock the thing upright or at a working height.

at least it's yellow. haha.

maybe look at the ones from Supercheap.. that way it will be only around the corner instead of freighting.

they're in supercheap Grey.. and if the red/ yellow ones look 'agricultural'.. these look worse.. if only the colouring is different.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I can't see a safety mech. some way to lock the thing upright or at a working height.

at least it's yellow. haha.

maybe look at the ones from Supercheap.. that way it will be only around the corner instead of freighting.

they're in supercheap Grey.. and if the red/ yellow ones look 'agricultural'.. these look worse.. if only the colouring is different.
Who care's about the colour, I've never seen Supercheap advertise these lift benches?

We can always drill a hole to lock them?

Craig

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Okay a couple of pics of the lift.
About the train wheels you might be able to see where I packed them out so the wheels fit deeper into the rail.
Also you can lock the lift into it's working position with the bar through the holes in the frame.
The other pic is of the bolts I replaced and used split pins as a safety measure.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not yet.

I watched the video.. at no point does he have a way to lock the platform in any position. I zoomed to all the pics but cannot see one. It's like using a car jack and relying on the hydraulics to keep the car up. (which I tend to do for wheel changes but not gearbox or under car work).

Outbaxcamping (ebay sotre) have the yellow one for 430 bucks but that's plus 120 delivery even from Brisbane (no pick up). I was going to order mine today.

I see supercheap has the front wheel chock, I might get one of those at 129 bucks as this seems recommended.

Did you give up on getting a lift Craig?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Not yet.

I watched the video.. at no point does he have a way to lock the platform in any position. I zoomed to all the pics but cannot see one. It's like using a car jack and relying on the hydraulics to keep the car up. (which I tend to do for wheel changes but not gearbox or under car work).

Outbaxcamping (ebay sotre) have the yellow one for 430 bucks but that's plus 120 delivery even from Brisbane (no pick up). I was going to order mine today.

I see supercheap has the front wheel chock, I might get one of those at 129 bucks as this seems recommended.

Did you give up on getting a lift Craig?
If you look more closely at the front there is a zinc rod with a roll pin through it, I think that is the safety, because in other photos it is in the upper hole position.

If I'm wrong, just get some reo, and cut to length

I will buy one, but be f**ked I'm paying $150 for delivery

Craig

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.