Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently in the market for an 1199S. Is there any advantage to a 2014 vs 2013, other than length of factory warranty left depending on in service date?

Any off the wall things I need to look for? Just started my search for one, so far I am looking at a 2014 1199S Stealth with 3k miles on it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
How about a VERY low miles 2012 Tricolore with about 10k in mods done to it and BST wheels? Lmao. What I'm looking to get is even too much to post in the classifieds as I haven't done so anywhere. Poor thing just doesn't get ridden with my disabilities. If your not familiar with me feel free to search around for pics and the link containing a dozen high resolution ones and article. ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
How about a VERY low miles 2012 Tricolore with about 10k in mods done to it and BST wheels? Lmao. What I'm looking to get is even too much to post in the classifieds as I haven't done so anywhere. Poor thing just doesn't get ridden with my disabilities. If your not familiar with me feel free to search around for pics and the link containing a dozen high resolution ones and article. ;)
What are you riding now?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Beautiful bike

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I'm currently in the market for an 1199S. Is there any advantage to a 2014 vs 2013, other than length of factory warranty left depending on in service date?
Gunny Fitz is a stand-up guy, I'd recommend consideration of his bike ..

Reactions: Gunny Fitz

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I don't believe mine ever did... What I recall was that if they did it was viewed as normal and would pass after break-in

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Had a dealer tell me that there will be a little smoke come out when cranked when they have low miles. Is that true?
The 1st generation 2012 Panigales smoked a little at start-up..

Reactions: Gunny Fitz

·
Registered
458 Posts
Break in period will be in the manual. Even the display knows you're breaking it in and I believe will adjust the redline for you until that 600 mile point, when it's due its first service. And congrats on the sick buy. Between now and Saturday I suggest downloading the owners manual and reading it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
take it a bit easy first 600 miles and after that just give her hell shell be all ready... i know the manual says break in period all the way till like 1500 miles but my dealer said after 600 miles oil change she is ready to spread her wings :))

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Awesome !

I just went ahead and took advantage of Ducati financing, 1.99%, and bought a new 2014 1199 S Stealth. Picking her up Saturday morning.

Any break in tips?
Hey man, sincere congrats on picking up this new ride and getting that killer deal from Freedom Road (I assume thats who you got the loan thru right?)
They have financed 3 bikes of mine and are super cool to work with, especially if you run into situations that perhaps force you to make a late payment now and then - you actually get 10 days after the due date - but Im probably saying stuff here that all you guys already know about. lol :)

As far as your question on "Break In Tips" brother. This is a SERIOUSLY wide open issue that could go on for 10 pages with opinions from every member within this forum! I am not even going to touch this one at all since there are some here who don't agree with my method-despite it being well proven on 4-5 brand new Superbikes with zero issues! If you wish to get an old racers opinion on this from me, and some other VERY good info as well, shoot me a PM when you can dude!

This link and write up went around for a long time back in the day. I read it once in awhile to get a laugh and actually agree with a good part of it!

Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

Meanwhile stay safe out there- after reading that BS story on the woman who ran that Naval guy over I am so damn reluctant to go anywhere on the street in a world where a damn cell phone and how drivers use them is that one thing that can get you seriously hurt or killed within seconds!

Again, congrats to you on the new bike- you picked a true winner my friend! Enjoy it to the fullest!
**Tossed in a few pics of my 1199 for ya too.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.