Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've never tuned bikes, only cars, so forgive this ignorant question to everyone here....

Is there not a Ducati site which has a large tuning community and a public FTP for all of the tunes and ecu translator files for various tuning software? :stickpoke

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish! I have searched high and low for such a site. I guess that not many people are self tuners? Hopefully someone will chime in with some info where we can get maps. I don't mind remapping my factory map, I was just hoping to have something to compare to.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Does anyone have a dump of there .bin file with the slip on map?

Thanks Bmo
Try this. It is from a 2011 Ducati 1198 with Slash Cut Termis-Quick Shifter-Traction Control and it is the ECU that came with the slipons. C/O has been changed for smoother running below 3 to 4000 rpm.Bike runs flawlessly through the whole rev range. Ask if you want more info.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! locknload595

How did you dump your file? I downloaded it and I took a look in tunerpro and the values are way different from my oem bin file of a stock 1198. The ranges look funny.Is this an oem file that was tuned or a DP file?

Thanks again for the file!

Bmo

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Because I live life on the dangerous side, I loaded your map into my bike. Everything loaded fine and now my display reads 1198 Racing, I do get a DTC error code but that's because I don't have DTC. Also the DQS shows up in the menu now. With a little research the wiring is a ready there for the quick shift set up. If I wanted to add that to the bike I could add the parts and should be good to go, same with the DTC.
The good thing it runs very nice, the surging around 3-4k cruzing in second seems to be almost totally gone. First gear seems really strong threw out the RPMs. Its a little wet outside today so I am waiting for it to dry up a little before I push it a bit.

Overall Thank you, its a great start!
Bmo

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hey BMO, mind uploading the xdf file you are using?

I have an FTP I can make a public folder on and fill it with Ducati xdf and bin files, then publish the url.

I also use TunerPro, the RT version, since Mark first started it like 12yrs ago (we both owned the same type of car then). I buy all my auto tuning hardware from Craig Moates since back then as well. Where do you buy your bike tuning hardware?

I'd like to get into tuning bikes as well. Let's see if we can't get a collection of every xdf and bin out there and we can lobby one of the sites to make a tuning sub-forum.

Sound like a plan?

Alex

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks! locknload595

How did you dump your file? I downloaded it and I took a look in tunerpro and the values are way different from my oem bin file of a stock 1198. The ranges look funny.Is this an oem file that was tuned or a DP file?

Thanks again for the file!

Bmo
Have dumped my ecu using both JPDiag reader and GuzziDiag reader. This is the bin file from the GuzziDiag reader. It is the DP file that was in the ECU that came with the Termi Slip Ons. It has been fiddled with so that the bike is more rideable below 4000 rpms.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Because I live life on the dangerous side, I loaded your map into my bike. Everything loaded fine and now my display reads 1198 Racing, I do get a DTC error code but that's because I don't have DTC. Also the DQS shows up in the menu now. With a little research the wiring is a ready there for the quick shift set up. If I wanted to add that to the bike I could add the parts and should be good to go, same with the DTC.
The good thing it runs very nice, the surging around 3-4k cruzing in second seems to be almost totally gone. First gear seems really strong threw out the RPMs. Its a little wet outside today so I am waiting for it to dry up a little before I push it a bit.

Bmo
Yep mine runs perfectly at the lower revs. I can now ride around town in any gear at 50kms/hr or 30mph with no surging- missing-or chain snatching then crack the throttle and unleash the beast. It is like having two bikes in one lol. Glad you liked it

·
Registered
102 Posts

Bmo
What XDF file did you load into tunerpro?

·
Registered
102 Posts
What do I need to open the files?
I can download them but not open them.
This will open the DucatiDiag files (ddg)
and the GuzziDiag files (bin)
Software called ECM (Edit & Custom Map)
ECM (Edit & Custom Map) 1.7.0
Click the blue button marked Telechargez ECM
Needs Java to run and once installed there is an update. Yell out if you have any problems

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fun little fact, here is the difference in the main fueling between my stock 1198 map and the 1198 map locknload595 gave me.

locknload595 do you know is the Lambda's are shut off in your map? I know that the exhaust valve is sense I dont here it test anymore when you first turn the key on.

Bmo

Attachments

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Okay have the software and a map now how to look at the map?
There are so many files and folders on that programme.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts