Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A 2013 1199 has come up for sale and its the color/price/milage that im after. Its a 1 owner bike that is accident free so from the sounds of it, it should be mint. now my question is what should i be on the look out for?
ive read about the bottom right fairing melting and a recall on the tach/signals not working but is there anything else to look out for? thanks in advance

Its a white base 1199 with ABS, Termi slip ons asking for $14k canadian

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Not knowing the ins and outs of that specific bike I'd check some basics. First look at the chain. Is it clean, lubed, signs of being maintained? Are there service records or oil change records? Is the bike generally clean and well taken care of? Is the clutch and brake fluid dark and dirty or clean? Condition of tires might tell you how the bike has been treated as well.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Clutch and brake fluid (especially rear) will turn dark real quick on an 1199 due to the heat the bike puts out. Doesn't necessarily mean anything has been neglected, or that anything isn't going to work properly. I'll put fresh fluid through mine regularly, but it turns color pretty quickly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.