Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a Desmo / Team Edition

Hello people,

Looking for a ultra low low mile (close to 0 as possible) Desmo D16RR Team edition - All original with all the factory accessories just in case you come across one

Please let me know :)

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea took a look at the them.. wanted something that thad a higher build number >1000 mark as I understand they had the updated valve springs and not so many issues compared with the early batches

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a all red version which has been never ridden and it. I purchased 3 Desmo's & this one has been in my games room
has Casey stoners signature on it ( arranged by the Ducati Dealer) & as far as i know its the only bike with his signature?? Has GP exhaust fitted & includes all original gear. Open to offers but not interested in low ball offers

·
Registered
110 Posts
nice collection...I am curious what method you used to prep the bikes for long term storage. Did you drain fluids? Put the bike up on stands?

Also, why nothing earlier? I would think a 999R Xerox and/or 916SP would be of interest

·
Registered
12 Posts
Because none of those is a Desmo? There aren't many MotoGP bikes made road legal which is what sets it aside IMHO

·
Registered
46 Posts
Make sure you do your research before in case you are thinking of importing a bike into US. It will be extremely difficult to get by US Customs without DOT & EPA labels and all states require customs clearance papers to title & register the bike. Just FYI.

·
Registered
63 Posts
All my Bikes are kept under bike covers on stands in a insulated & climate controlled garage. The desmo with stoners signature is in my games room on display & is wheeled out & started every 3 months & despite the bike never been ridden it is regularly serviced by ducati I do have a 996sps & am restoring a 1979 Kawasaki Z1R. I would have a lot more bikes if i had the room to store them but i also have some nice cars & have run out of room at home.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All my Bikes are kept under bike covers on stands in a insulated & climate controlled garage. The desmo with stoners signature is in my games room on display & is wheeled out & started every 3 months & despite the bike never been ridden it is regularly serviced by ducati I do have a 996sps & am restoring a 1979 Kawasaki Z1R. I would have a lot more bikes if i had the room to store them but i also have some nice cars & have run out of room at home.

Hey RR, sent you a PM..

·
Registered
15 Posts
What's team edition mean in terms of the desmo? I thought they made so little of them and they didn't even dwell into different editions of the bike.

But in sucks that people buy these and never ride them, really bums me out. I mean, why not just buy a shell then and have the engine go towards good use?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Team edition is paint scheme. Team version side fairings have white stripes, also the rear fairing is solid red. Red version is solid red side fairings and white stripe on rear fairing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What's team edition mean in terms of the desmo? I thought they made so little of them and they didn't even dwell into different editions of the bike.

But in sucks that people buy these and never ride them, really bums me out. I mean, why not just buy a shell then and have the engine go towards good use?
Agreed, they're made to be used. Having said that, only my Desmo has miles on her - the other bikes are Italian art since the time I can't ride anymore. Thing is that I might appreciate them even more but differently.

The Desmo is occasionally used by friends BTW.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can you still get parts of the Desmo through Ducati ? I'm just thinking if I have any issues with valves, springs etc.. ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a DesmoRR and finally made it into a #46 Rossi addition. I can't begin to describe how much I love this bike, along with my 999R, 1098R and the DesmoRR completes me! LOL.

But, I do have 6,000 miles on mine and I ride the piss out of her. Not abusing her, but she was built to ride hard and well, I give her what she wants. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts