Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a list of all USA (and hopefully Canadian and Mexican) Ducati dealers.

I am wanting to compile a POI (point of interest) file of the current Ducati dealers with address & phone numbers for GPS. I will add the lat & long position data from the addresses. The file will be freely available when completed (here, poi-factory and Advrider forums).

The "Locate a Dealer" link on the Ducati web sites is difficult to use as you need to be drilled down quite a ways to insure all dealers show up. I am afraid I will miss some that way. The site "poi-factory" has a Ducati poi file but it is badly out of date and inaccurate

If anyone can point me to such a list, website, etc. it would be greately appreciated.

PS - I recently left a message at Ducati USA but have not received a reply as yet.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ducati will get back to you, but takes a week or two.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ducati will get back to you, but takes a week or two.
In the mean time I'm taking the long, hard way and opening every dealership on Ducati's "locate a dealership" search page. Then copying & pasting the necessary info into a database, loading that into Basecamp to get long & lat and adding that to the database .cvs file! Good thing I'm about bored to death :p!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got a reply from Ducati - they said there is no master list! How can you run a corporation without a list of your dealers?

·
Registered
225 Posts
WTF! That's insane.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just ask google...
All dicati dealers in NY. Then click the more lines if there are any. And Voila! Names and addresses... 2 more clicks and their web site... And since you are there,,, CLICK and embed a map

Ducati

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finished the poi list. It has been published on poi-factory at North America Ducati Dealerships | POI Factory. There is also a .bmp icon to use with it if you want. poi-factory has tutorials and articles on how to get the poi files into your GPS if you need help.

RexDangerVest - do you realize how many clicks, then copy/paste, reformat, etc. that is for 153 dealers? Not to mention locating the proper coordinates? I spent nearly 2 full days compiling this list! (not complaining I just didn't realize how much work there would be when I started. It's covid boredom!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts