Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

anyone here can guide me for 200/55/16.5 tires for our stock wheels on the back. My ducati dealer in my country cant get it for me. Thanks

·
Registered
449 Posts
No need for name calling.

Jay, the only tire that fits the stock wheel is a 200/55-16 Bridgestone Battlax BT-01.
No need for name calling.

Before I changed to a 17" rear wheel, I successfully ran one Bridgestone BT020 200/60VR-16. But I had to install the hugger with longer bolts and about 6mm of spacers to keep it from rubbing.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Huh, I had no idea such a tire existed. When you say, "successfully ran" did it perform well or just fit the bike?

As an aside, rear race tires seem to be available in higher profiles these days.

·
Registered
449 Posts
"Successfully ran" means that I put 1000 miles on it before I got my 17" rear wheel and took it out of service. Bridgestone's website says, "Designed for sport-touring oriented riders who look for riding comfort, tire life, and tire design. One of the best selling sport-touring radial worldwide, Battlax BT-020 offers high-speed stability, long mileage, wet performance, riding comfort, and consistent performance." Riding it on the street, it performed well in all those touted areas. I'm not so sure it would be a good tire on the track.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Who's name calling? Just giving the guy fair warning. The optimal solution is a 17" rear wheel. OZ has the Cativa look-alike and the Genesi is available in a 17. Either choice is better than being forced to use the oem or some marginal touring tire. The bike deserves better.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hi guys

anyone here can guide me for 200/55/16.5 tires for our stock wheels on the back. My ducati dealer in my country cant get it for me. Thanks
I have a brand new OEM tire still in the factory wrapper. It may cost a small fortune to ship to you though….
PM me if you want it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts