Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I'm not really sure where to put this, but I'm hoping here is a good spot to find someone local. I'm in the Tampa area and have a 99 ST4 with the 16M ecu. I think it's dead so if anyone local has one I could try, that would be awesome.

A lot of different bikes come with the 16M. All We have to do is swap the eprom. I'll buy you beer or pay whatever is fair and I can bring the bike to you.

Thanks in advance,

Craig

·
Registered
37 Posts
im in Palm Harbor,,,, 1198,,,,,,not sure if a 1198 ecu would work....but i have a spare ecu

·
Registered
37 Posts
nope....not the same,,,,

whats going on with your bike? i have friends throughout Florida that I rely on when i have problem like yours

so explain what is doing or not doing ,,,and i will ask some of my friends

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not getting fuel or spark. I checked the coils and the TPS and everything looks good. The fuel pump runs constantly, which makes me think it's the ecu as the ecu shuts down the relay after a few seconds until the bike is started.

I just purchased the DucNostics cable and downloaded the software. When time permits, I'll hook it up and see what's going on.

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, but one was discounted on ebay so I snagged it. It does the same thing and the Ducnostic software is saying I have no voltage to my coils and main relay, but it's getting fuel. My spark plugs are dry after cranking so I think it's time to let a shop handle it. Mods can delete or close this thread. Not sure how that all works on this forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts