Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find a dark tinted windshield ?.....I don't want the ''tall'' windshield, just the same size as original !

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
There's a guy on eBay who has both dark and light OEM style (height) windshields. I believe they ship out from Australia. I could have sworn he might be a member of this forum, but I'm not sure.

Anyhow, I agree with you in that I'm not a fan of tall windshields. Sure they have their advantages, but in the looks dept, something just doesn't look right. Makes the bike look "fat" IMO.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think it doesn't look too bad.

I will be doing a before and after.. with the clear OEM and the slightly taller tinted version!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Hey, when you get it, post some pics and give your cents regarding over-all look and quality of the piece. That's the same one I want to order as well....

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought it

I got my dark tinted screen from the ebay sites you already listed. the quality is top notch and it looks sick.

The guys are tough to get a hold of, and "tracking number" seems to be Greek to them, but I got it in less than a week and it was well packaged.

Word

·
Registered
305 Posts
Ah that would be me.

We use international airmail (which normally takes 10-15 working days, sometimes faster, sometimes slower) We found glitch in our postal system when put insurance on the screens for some reason they get a delivered quicker so that's what we do now.

International Airmail does not offer a tracking number, the only thing that does is ICI or EMS which has a $55 AUD premium so it gets crazy expensive, hence we don't have tracking numbers.

I sacrificed my screen for the mold so I it's a wicked fit, the guy who makes them for me has been doing this for 40 years +, he's made a deflector type as well. Haven't made one yet so don't have any pics, it has a 1-2" kick at the end of the screen

Been out testing our new clutch covers and billet slave units this weekend (had to tap and die the slave units thread ... piss .... thread was too fine, ce la vie' we'll have it perfect for next CNC run)

Should have rearsets sorted soon. I do all this out of passion as I work in child protection during the days (child abuse - child welfare - you get the idea)

Bikes are my levellers and help me unwind from what can be a stressful job.

Self confessed Ducati nut Bridget and I have:
2007 1098S
2004 749R
1994 916
2004 749
1984 650SL
1984 TT2 Replica (in assembly progress)
1947 T2 Cucciolo (in progress of restoration)
2003 F4 MV Agusta trackbike (in assembly progress)

I don't live on the email/ebay/forum 24/7 but PM me and I will get back to you asap.

Will get some polycarbonate screens made up in the not too distant future (currently using acrylic)

Will get the dark tinted out this week and get some more made up.

Thanks for the patience and honest feedback, took 2 goes to get the mold perfect but quite happy with it now

Cheers
Ed

·
Registered
162 Posts
yellow900 very nice! Will be pming you for one in the very near future!

Very cool product! And lots of people ride to unwind! Its just that thing we do!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts